[NA] Suggestions wanted for photo editing task

AggieMike88

Touchdown! Greaser!
Display Name

Display name:
The original "I don't know it all" of aviation.
I need suggestions for a free or low cost software that will take a group of photos and apply the same edit in a bulk fashion.

Check out this photo...

attachment.php

What I want to do is to make up a simple text block with "Denton County Auto Salvage | 940-387-5202" in MS Paint and something similar. Then using the software I'm asking for, replace the black bar with "Insurance Auto Auctions" with my information by laying mine on top, and merging the two images into a new file.

And do this for a large block of photos, all in the same spot, and all at once.

Anyone got a suggestion?

(BTW; I do own Adobe CS5 with Photoshop if you have instructions of how to bulk change with that)

Attachments

• 8587505_2_I.jpg
    8587505_2_I.jpg
    28.9 KB · Views: 53
Voof. I have an older version of Photoshop and I think it will do it as a batch processing mode.

IrfanView has a batch processing function that's labeled "Batch Conversion/Rename". The "advanced" option menu has a feature that allows you to add an overlay text on each picture (which is, I think, what you want to do). Options include background color (or transparent), screen location (or "start corner"), text size, etc.

If IrfanView can do it, PS should be able to. Irfanview is freeware and is not nearly as bloated as PS.

I've used the Irfanview batch function to inverse (negative) photos, resize, rename and resample. It works well.

"overlay" was the word I couldn't think of. And that's what I'm trying to do.

Cars like this are ones that I purchased for "raw" inventory from auctions such as IAA and CoPart. Where I'm going with this is to use the photos I nabbed from the auction site on vehicles awarded me on sites such as eBay for my part listings.

It's been my experience that if the customer on eBay sees the "Insurance Auto Auction" tab, their spidey sense sends a false positive.

By using an overlay to hide that....

I'll check out IrfanView. With 10 photos for each vehicle, an trying to purchase 15-20 vehicles per week, a batch mode is a definite need.

Does Insurance Auto Auction claim their (automatic) Copyright on their photos? You may want to get it in writing that you can use their photos just to make sure.

I'd use ImageMagick and script it :)

:yeahthat:

(Or any other scriptable image library. I've used GD for bulk watermark adding.)

Are you on a PC or a Mac or Linux? PC is a pain but is doable.

Last edited:
Photoshop CS4 and 5 will batch process files easily.

Back