[NA] Skiing Red River

SixPapaCharlie

May the force be with you
Display Name

Display name:
Sixer
Last year, I took the family to Angel Fire to ski. asked about it on here and several people said I needed to try Red River, NM.

So took that advice, Drove out here today and first impression is that this town is just amazing.
Everything you would ever need to do in a mile strip.

Ate at "Anchovies pizza" today and played in the snow. We're in this little micro condo but it has everything we need and is walking distance to everything.

Mom hits ski school tomorrow. She never skied as a kid so she likes to start with a class. Me and the kids will get our legs back under us and pick up where we left off last year. Very excited to find out what this mountain has to offer. Looks like a lot.

Thanks for the recommendation.

These guys are having a blast (They love skiing and we don't get much snow in Texas)
17202750_10212393246773181_6494346286785454398_n.jpg

Did you drive? I've looked at it but always end up at AXX, SRR or SAF...because of airport proximity. The nearest apt to RR is.. Taos?

Red River is a fantastic little town and very friendly. Enjoy your stay.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Stop wasting airplane and flying money on frivolous "family time" crap! What's wrong with you man?

Just kidding of course! Enjoy your skiiing vacation. Don't break anything. Bury the kids in the snow like you were at the beach. :)

There's some great snowmobile rides in the area too, if you have time.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

How's it compare to Park City? That's our typical destination due to close proximity to SLC and plenty of stuff to do if the weather isn't skier friendly.

skiing or snowboarding or both or just hanging out in the lodge drinking adult beverages?

Last year, I took the family to Angel Fire to ski. asked about it on here and several people said I needed to try Red River, NM.

So took that advice, Drove out here today and first impression is that this town is just amazing.
Everything you would ever need to do in a mile strip.

Ate at "Anchovies pizza" today and played in the snow. We're in this little micro condo but it has everything we need and is walking distance to everything.

Mom hits ski school tomorrow. She never skied as a kid so she likes to start with a class. Me and the kids will get our legs back under us and pick up where we left off last year. Very excited to find out what this mountain has to offer. Looks like a lot.

Thanks for the recommendation.

These guys are having a blast (They love skiing and we don't get much snow in Texas)
View attachment 52020
I have Good memories of learning to ski in Red River back in 1965 when our family drove there in our chevy station wagon. We learned on wood skis. Hope your family have a great time.

Back