NA sharing photos from idevice NA

Let'sgoflying!

Touchdown! Greaser!
Display Name

Display name:
Dave Taylor
Here is another one.

I took a mess of pics on the iphone on my last vacation and need an efficient way to select certain ones & send to a website that anyone I designate can access. The options I have on my camera app are:
message/mail/twitter/fb/flickr.

Is there a way to add slideshare or another location as the options are not to my liking.

Thanks!

Do you have a Mac?

In that case, you can get them into iPhoto, select the ones you want and export them as jpg's. Then upload them to the hosting service of your choice.

Or if you don't like iPhoto, there are programs that will view your iPhone as a drive - iPhone Explorer is one. Just import them that way or use Apple's "Image Capture" app.

If you're in Windows, can't help you but there must be a way.

If you're using iCloud Photo Sharing, then you can create a web-accessible site directly from the Photos app on the iPhone.

JKG

You must be really stoopid, because everyone knows Apples are easy and do whatever you need without being asked.

How do you use Dropbox or iCloud photosharing?
Do you find and dl the app, then it appears as an option in "Camera"?
Thank you.

For Dropbox, you have to configure the Dropbox app to access photos from your photo library. It should prompt you once you enable photo syncing in the app settings.

For iCloud Photo Sharing, make sure that it's turned on in The Settings app, at iCloud -> Photos -> Photo Sharing. Then, you can create new shares and select the photos you want to share from the Photos app. When you create a new shared stream, you need to select the option to make it a public stream, which will post it to a discrete URL on the web.

The iCloud Photo Sharing feature is actually pretty slick, as it will automatically update a shared stream as you share photos into that stream from the photos app. I've never used the Dropbox sharing, but I suspect that there is more manual intervention required.

JKG

Last edited:
For iCloud Photo Sharing, make sure that it's turned on in The Settings app, at iCloud -> Photos -> Photo Sharing.

I did this.

Then, you can create new shares and select the photos you want to share from the Photos app.

I selected 'share' after choosing some photos but after that I get the attached screenshot:

When you create a new shared stream, you need to select the option to make it a public stream, which will post it to a discrete URL on the web.
JKG

I missed this: did not get the option to send to cloud other than choices shown:

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    113.4 KB · Views: 7
Cancel! And thanks for your input. I actually found the Shutterfly app (I'm a member) and it was a cinch from there. Much appreciated.

If you're in Windows, can't help you but there must be a way.

In Windows your iPhone will appear as another drive when you plug up your USB cable. From there you can easily copy your pictures off to your hard drive on your PC and do whatever you like with them.

Back