NealRomeoGolf
Final Approach
I own a single family rental property in a small town (35,000 people) in Illinois. It has been rented by the same family for nearly 7 years. They've always said they want to buy it, but have never gotten their finances in order to be able to do so. I may be undergoing a big life change this summer that would behoove me to sell my property. Here's what I think my options are, but would love to hear from the group if you have other experiences.
1) Put it on the market before lease expires in July and hope they keep the property up well enough to show.
2) Wait until lease expires in July, have them vacate, then market the property.
3) Attempt one more time to get them to buy it by giving them 3 months notice to get something together.
4) Find another investor to take it over as a rental.
I've tried #4 a couple of times by joining Bigger Pockets and posting the property on Craigslist. Nothing has come of that. I tried contacting my old real estate agent to see if she knew of anyone that would want to invest in it. She doesn't return my emails. I guess I could contact other agents to try that as well. I also contacted a few flippers near the area but they don't want buy and hold and the property doesn't need any work done to flip.
Any other ideas or advice? If this were a bigger market I wouldn't be worried about option #2, but it's a small town. I think I have to go with option #1 if option #3 doesn't pan out.
1) Put it on the market before lease expires in July and hope they keep the property up well enough to show.
2) Wait until lease expires in July, have them vacate, then market the property.
3) Attempt one more time to get them to buy it by giving them 3 months notice to get something together.
4) Find another investor to take it over as a rental.
I've tried #4 a couple of times by joining Bigger Pockets and posting the property on Craigslist. Nothing has come of that. I tried contacting my old real estate agent to see if she knew of anyone that would want to invest in it. She doesn't return my emails. I guess I could contact other agents to try that as well. I also contacted a few flippers near the area but they don't want buy and hold and the property doesn't need any work done to flip.
Any other ideas or advice? If this were a bigger market I wouldn't be worried about option #2, but it's a small town. I think I have to go with option #1 if option #3 doesn't pan out.