[NA]Save ppt to ipad[NA]

Turn it into a PDF first? This can be done in PPT 2007 or later or any version on a Mac.

How? google no joy.

The first problem is that you need a "host" application to save it to, as the iPad doesn't give you direct access to a file system.

Probably the easiest way would be to use a cloud service such as DropBox to access the document, or use an application such as QuickOffice (or similar) which allow you to store the documents locally.

As Ron mentioned, you could turn it into a PDF and then send it to the iBooks application through iTunes.

There may be a better way, but the iPad wasn't really designed for local file manipulation.

JKG

The ppt shows up in an email.
You can click the ppt & view it
There are no options from that point.
If you install the DB app, does an option appear that would not before the install?

I use it at work for PPTs all the time. I use either GoodReader or the Apple version of power point "KeyNote".

With the Apple App, you can drop it from any computer into iCloud and it will sync. Or within an email, tap and hold, then "Open With" either GoodReader or Keynote and it will open and save.

I like GoodReader, because then I can save pictures, .ppt, videos, .pdf, etc.

As someone said, there's no real user filesystem on any iOS device. It's a big phone.

Apps like Dropbox allow you storage space on their servers you can access from iPad.

Apps like GoodReader will download things from a variety of services and store them on your iPad as part of their "data" (like Foreflight stores charts) and let you manipulate them. GoodReader also has a built in webserver you can turn on to copy files from a PC to iPad.

Screenshot of the various services GoodReader supports below.

4174f10e-8f9b-4d35.jpg

A screenshot of a PPT I opened in the Dropbox App and how you can forward/open it in other Apps like GoodReader and Evernote (which will then store them on the device for off-line use when you don't have access to your Dropbox because you have no network connectivity).

4174f10e-8fc4-5ae4.jpg

Lots of options. Pick your poison. It's not a PC though. Think "how would I get a PowerPoint on my cell phone" and it becomes more clear. ;)

Back