NA Royalty In the US

You know things are bad in England when their own prince is willing to give up his royalties to move to NA.

You know things are bad in England when their own prince is willing to give up his royalties to move to NA.

Well, apparently he doesn't have the backbone to give up the title; he just wants out of responsibilities. And he's not leaving the British realm, since Canada is part of the Commonwealth with Liz as the monarch.

He seems like a bit of a wus.

When marketing gimmicks become "news" [sic]. :rolleyes:

Nauga,
who can smell it when they sell it

He's 7th in line for the crown and wants to be a regular guy.

Good luck with that.
He didn't marry well if that was his objective...

7th in line???
It could happen...anybody remember "King Ralph" opening scene???

Love that movie. Big fan of Peter O'Toole.
Hiperbiper (not a big fan of "the Brit and the twit")

Good luck with that.
He didn't marry well if that was his objective...

He is a helicopter pilot. Probably could have made a nice quiet life flying for some off-shore outfit in the north sea or obtain his fixed wing tickets and hired on with BA. The dutch king flies as a FO on KLM on his days off from doing kingly things.

But yeah, nothing says 'normal guy' like marrying a reality show starlet.

Nothing normal about any of them, especially the queenette,.. barrAcuda like shiny things

got to remember he has the bucks to be a regular guy if we wants to.

What's really cool about the Queen of England is really she's the head of State. But she's not a politician, and she seems really cool. Our President is the Head of State, but he is a politician, which just doesn't seem as cool.

Don’t know that Duke and Duchess....if it wasn’t made at Beechcraft...don’t care much.

If they are waiting for our current President to leave office before they come to the US...I hope they have a long wait...I don’t follow rich, spoiled, celebrity types.

His great, great uncle gave up the whole shooting match for a woman. I find it kind of refreshing to see someone wanting to preserve his integrity in this day and age.

I hope they both live happily ever after.

He was a tank commander in Aghanistan. Not a wuss job.

What's really cool about the Queen of England is really she's the head of State. But she's not a politician, and she seems really cool. Our President is the Head of State, but he is a politician, which just doesn't seem as cool.

The Queen is the sovereign power of England, but in the US sovereignty is held by the citizens themselves. Which is even cooler.

Looking at his resume, I don't think he's much of a wus.

It would be interesting to know if these were real military duties with the same standards as everyone else. Realistically though, would a military unit reject him if he didn't meet the standards?

Both William and Harry were/are helicopter pilots. Personally, I wouldn't consider either of them wusses.

Harry did two tours in Afghanistan, as a FAC (forward air controller) in 2007 and 2008, and as an Apache helicopter pilot between September, 2012 and January, 2013.

William completed 44 weeks of training as an officer cadet in 2006 and was commissioned in the Blues and Royals regiment. In April 2008, he qualified as a pilot by completing pilot training at Royal Air Force College Cranwell. He underwent helicopter flight training in order to become a full-time pilot with the RAF Search and Rescue Force in early 2009. His service with the British Armed Forces ended in September 2013.

Back