[NA]Rollback printer firmware

Once upon a time, I made the mistake of buying a Dell laser printer. A couple of years in, it needed all four toners, and I knew it would need a drum or web sometime soon. A new printer with cartridges was cheaper than the 4 toners for the Dell, so off it went to the great printer depot at the dump.
That's every color laser regardless of brand. When you buy it, you're buying a set of toners and the drum and you're pretty much getting the printer included free. If you like the printer and how it works, replace the consumables when they run out. If you don't particularly care for how it works, replace the whole printer, more or less same cost either way.

I don't know. We do like our HP Office LaserJet printer. The cartridges are expensive, but combined way less than the printer cost. Also, installing the printer was a pain, as it's just about as heavy as I can lift, and I'm not a wimp. I'd rather not get a workout everytime we need to change an ink cartridge!

For what it's worth, when I up?graded to Windows 10, the HP's driver package that was written for Windows 7, was able to install the driver to my PC. A little over a month ago, I crashed my computer when I was trying to overclock some new RAM, and had to rebuild it. I tried every which way to install the driver with the old package, but no joy. I finally went to the HP web site, and they had a new installation package that was more professionally done, and one installation attempt, and done.

I don't know. We do like our HP Office LaserJet printer. The cartridges are expensive, but combined way less than the printer cost.
Then either your printer as built for a heavy use commercial environment or it was overpriced.

Back