NA[Rant]

luvflyin

Touchdown! Greaser!
Display Name

Display name:
Luvflyin
So I'm gonna do some work out back that needs eliktricity. I figure why not give the generator a little exercise rather than run 150 feet of extension cord out there. Generators need gas. No sweat, I gotta gas can. But it's got one of them 'rigid' spouts that stick out at about a 45 degree angle up(we'll be getting back to rigid and up in a minute.) So I taxi on over to the self serve station in my truck, making airplane noises pretending I got me one of them 'AeroCars.' Fill can, dip it with my finger to make sure it's topped off. Fire up the AeroCar without a preflight or checklist, it was runnin just fine a coupla minutes ago. I know I'm playin with fire here and sooner or later that attitude is gonna kil me, but I do it anyway. Taxi back home, kill the engine a ways before getting to the driveway, coast in practicing an engine out parking. Get gas can, take to generator and begin to fill. Now when the can is full, gas starts coming out long before the aforementioned "'..it's got one of them 'rigid' spouts that stick out at about a 45 degree angle up" spout gets anywhere close to being down past horizontal. It's like tryin to pizz in the toilet when you wake up having to pizz like a russian race horse but you gots 'mornin wood.' What happened to those good ol' bendable spouts. I couldn't find one. They all got these raging (add euphimism of your choice.) Oh yeah, theres gotta be a Rant. Who was the #%##$ freakin idiot who invented these things. I shoulda washed my hands, now my computer has 'fumes.'

Some of the best money you’ll spend......

2e34dbb02ddcec60174fbb049049fb23.png

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bendable outlets work pretty well, but it gets a little back-breaking to hold that 33 pounds container (5 gallons of MOGAS, 3 pounds of plastic) over a generator, let alone a wing. But a magic siphon works great for these types of jobs.

6A5CB9A4-0E2D-47DE-A730-66B9687368BB.png

Just poke a hole in the gas tank, let gravity work for you.

You can thank your politicians for the new gas can regulations which banned the flexible spouts. Just our overlords looking out for our best interests.

Some of the best money you’ll spend......

2e34dbb02ddcec60174fbb049049fb23.png

Yup, I have the VP racing jugs. A little pricey compared to the cheap gas jugs with defective spouts, but worth it. I like being able to fill up several gallons in a riding lawn mower within 20 seconds or less. I do wish it had a handle towards the bottom though.

You can thank your politicians for the new gas can regulations which banned the flexible spouts. Just our overlords looking out for our best interests.
My dad was cleaning out his storage room and brought me 2, like new, old style gas cans with flex spouts and vent holes!!:D:D

Back