[NA]Quickbooks problem[NA]

Let'sgoflying!

Touchdown! Greaser!
Display Name

Display name:
Dave Taylor
Suddenly all the statements are missing the name and address of the customer. That box is present with a "Bill To" in place of the customer info.
Hard to send statements if no name and address.
We have templates on QB which we made in house (not their fee based ones) for invoices, sales receipts, credit memos and statements, 16 years ago - and never such a problem.
I cannot see a place in Templates>Design Layout where to fix this.
QB Premier Desktop 5 user 2016

Virtually impossible to trohbleshoot in a forum remotely.

Best advice to start with: Time to restore from backups.

Rich will be along to describe a backup strategy that can't lose any data without a nuclear bomb going off in three locations thousands of miles apart. ;) (Picking on Rich because he's serious about his backups. Real serious.)

I made a new template; all is well. In time for month end.
Just another annoying project keeping me at work and away from the airport.

-good backups.
-the time & expense of doing it through a backup would have been much greater.

-good backups.
-the time & expense of doing it through a backup would have been much greater.

Heh. I hear ya there. We have done tabletop sessions of "what if" for some large data centers to see what's worth buying redundancy for, and what's just going to be "sorry, this place is DoA until a big flatbed with X on it arrives and a crane is parked out front..."

Sometimes the redundancy or backups aren't worth it. All depends on time and money, and whether or not downtime costs more time and money.

And then there's perception. We have some systems that back up so much data nightly off site just so everyone feels better that they're backed up off site, but the math shows that to do a full recovery is a three day process. You're going to have to be awfully desperate to take that option over...

"We can restore partially from the on-site stuff and you'll lose two hours worth of data. It'll take ten minutes. Once we do that, the full off-site backup is out of sync and will be useless. Your call..."

The only time those off-site backups will ever be used is in a natural disaster that flattens the building. If even then. That'll take a week once the disaster stops.

I bet there's companies in Houston firing up their DR plans, if they had one, and wishing they hadn't put them off, if they don't.

Back