[NA] question for law enforcement peeps

saracelica

Pattern Altitude
Display Name

Display name:
saracelica
During my travels today saw many weird things. Saw the result of a head on collision. Eventually I'm sure a cop showed up. Would they think what I did...wtf happened here?

Maybe a medical emergency I dunno. It was weird. Glad I wasn't there 10 minutes earlier

Not a LEO, but I'm sure most of them have seen it before. Crash scene investigation techniques can probably lead to a correct guess within a few minutes of a LEO's arrival. I'm sure the times that generate a "wtf" response are when a car is hanging out of a building 10' up in the air with no apparent mechanism to get it there, lol.

Probably maybe first thought would be similar to my first thought....

Any injuries/deaths.??

Head-ons are pretty common. Usually the first thought on arrival is injuries, and hazards to the people at the scene - involved parties, rescuers, bystanders, etc. Figuring out how it happened doesn’t have much WTF factor by the time an officer has a year or so on. Maybe after a couple months if it’s highway patrol.

As a former LEO with 18 years on the force we saw it all. When you first arrive at the scene your priorities are securing the scene to prevent further injuries & checking on injuries. Usually other units respond & you coordinate traffic control & helping EMS to the victims. Investigating the accident is secondary after all is secure & patients are cared for.

I saw some pretty bizarre things including a few aircraft accidents. It never becomes routine when lives are at stake. Some of those incidences I've been involved in I wish I could forget.

I'm glad I was a city cop & didn't have the frequency of fatal motor vehicles accidents like the state patrol deals with.

Back