[NA] Prompting for signature before send in Outlook

Sam D

Pattern Altitude
PoA Supporter
Display Name

Display name:
Sam D
Before I go to my firm's IT dept, thought I'd ask here first due to the group of smart IT-type folks here...

Is it possible to configure (through add-in or some other way) Outlook 2003 so that when a person hits 'send' on a message, they are prompted to select a signature?

Background -- we'd like to add some standard wording to our emails but it will be customized to different clients. Ideally, we'd like to prompt the user so that they don't forget to insert it. It would be even better if the prompt only popped up for emails going outside the company.

Any ideas?

Thanks.

You can create multiple signatures.

You do that in Tools, Options, then select the mail format tab. Create mulitple signatures. To use them when you reply or hit a new mail message you go to Insert, then Signature and select the one you want.

You can create multiple signatures.

You do that in Tools, Options, then select the mail format tab. Create mulitple signatures. To use them when you reply or hit a new mail message you go to Insert, then Signature and select the one you want.

I've got all that. I'm just looking for a way to automate the second part of your comment above. (So that when you create or reply to an email and hit 'send' a box comes up and says 'Select a signature'. Short of that, maybe a simple yes/no prompt asking 'Did you insert the proper signature'. If yes, send. If no, back to message to insert).

Thanks

P.S. My 9 yr old boys love your avatar.

Back