[NA]Prius Battery[NA]

Let'sgoflying!

Touchdown! Greaser!
Display Name

Display name:
Dave Taylor
the 12v "aux" battery.

Aviation prices, I guess. Have not seen one below $150.

2007 Prius (standard)
12v 325cca 45ah B24(JIS)
Group 51 (small form factor and small posts)

Thanks for any leads or suggestions (other than ditching m.i.l.'s Prius, thanks)

That sounds about right for a new replacement battery.

Had to get a new one for my 2004 Caddy SRX and it was $140.

I sell used batteries for $60-75 plus core charge.

And at least it isn't the main battery pack.... That one is around $2600 from Toyota, or $1850 through me (Dorman Products brand)

Looked up the Aux battery from a few sources......

upload_2018-4-23_16-49-20.png

upload_2018-4-23_16-52-32.png

Thanks Mike, Rockauto is the first place I looked! And, we've done the main battery thing. (Still a head scratcher why they need this small battery if all that juice is sitting there in the main battery ready to use)

Thanks Mike, Rockauto is the first place I looked! And, we've done the main battery thing. (Still a head scratcher why they need this small battery if all that juice is sitting there in the main battery ready to use)

A couple reasons. The main battery is high voltage, has to be to power the car without ridiculously sized motors and cables. Secondly, a separate 12V system for the controls and auxiliary functions will still be present if there is a catastrophic failure of the HV system.

Now why they can't tap off the HV for engine start functions I don't know...

Dunno, but the Volt is the same way. There's a separate 12V battery for cranking the engine and all other electronics not involved with driving the vehicle down the road.

Back