NA Prius battery boost quickguide

The Prius is one of the dullest cars I have ever driven, but as far as quality of drivetrain and engineering, they are excellent. Glad I don't drive one, although it is preferable to the "Smart" Car.

Big hybrid batteries are not as expensive as they used to be. I replace several a year. I have the 2005-2008 Prius down to an hour complete. Aftermarket companies are making them as well now. I can buy a remanufactured one with 3 yr warranty for about $1500-1700 depending on Camry or Prius. Camry takes about 15 minutes longer. Hybrid batteries weight around 80-100 lbs.

Sources for these lower-cost batteries? Thanks!

The Prius is one of the dullest cars I have ever driven, but as far as quality of drivetrain and engineering, they are excellent. Glad I don't drive one, although it is preferable to the "Smart" Car.

They are great. Style and status is another matter.

Priusrebuilders.com is another with rebuilt batteries. They range from $950-2,800 depending on which cells you want in it.

They aren't as expensive as people think once you start doing them.

I figured I can get 1156 nicad AA batteries in bulk at $0.50@; the ones with solderable terminals and after a weekend of soldering, toss it all in a plastic washtub, install/connect/drive away. Y'think I'll be good? Way cheaper.

I figured I can get 1156 nicad AA batteries in bulk at $0.50@; the ones with solderable terminals and after a weekend of soldering, toss it all in a plastic washtub, install/connect/drive away. Y'think I'll be good? Way cheaper.

What could go wrong?

Whew...I thought this thread was going to be about efficiently stealing Prius batteries!

:D

Back