[NA]Powerpoint experts needed[NA]

Let'sgoflying!

Touchdown! Greaser!
Display Name

Display name:
Dave Taylor
I have a couple of PPs I need to run on Wed.
I can't get the pics to run automatically!

I have MS powerpoint, OO Impress, LO Impress and the same thing happens with each of them.

Even though I have selected
Slideshow>Slideshow Settings>
Range: All slides
Type: Auto 00:00:02 (2 second advance)
Options: Animations allowed (some do have portions where the slide has headers drop into the slides)

...when I start the slideshow it sits on the first slide, never advancing.
I can advance them one by one, by pressing Enter key.

Have you tried setting up the slide show to Browsed by and individual so it just advances without any control? You can also set as a Kiosk option to have it continually loop if you like.

I believe the setting you are doing will allow each page to load items without having to click them after you have manually advanced to the next page.

***edit*** this also depends on the version of PP you are using... if 2016, you can go under video tools and select automatically in the sequence and that should do it as well. ***edit over***

Have you tried setting up the slide show to Browsed by and individual so it just advances without any control? You can also set as a Kiosk option to have it continually loop if you like.

I do not see "Browsed By" nor "Kiosk" in any of the drop down menus at the top.
I have File/Edit/View/Insert/Format/Slide/Slideshow/Tools/Windows/Help and all their submenus

***edit*** this also depends on the version of PP you are using... if 2016, you can go under video tools and select automatically in the sequence and that should do it as well. ***edit over***

Same as my answer above; I do not see "Video Tools".

@Let'sgoflying! --- What I think you are looking for is under the Transitions menu.

Default is to advance the slide on Mouse Click (or pointer click if one is connected). But you can see you can set this to be time based.

This can be set for individual slides. If you want it for all, then select all of them, make this adjustment, and save the change.

upload_2018-2-27_12-18-52.png

What version of PP are you using? 2007, 2010, 2013, 2016 or Office 365?

You're in the wrong place. It's not transitions or animations. It's under slide show

You will have to record your slide timings once.

Then open "Set Up Slide Show", choose the Kiosk option, Loop Continuously until ESC and Advance slides using timings. You probably do not want to use presenter view.

There is a help topic called "Create a self-running presentation" that explains this.

@bflynn

Slide Show and Kiosk mode can get him there, but you still need to set up the timings. And that is done in the Transitions tab.

upload_2018-2-27_13-16-43.png

Correct - you have to record the timings first - Run Record Slide Show. Advance your slides on the timing you want, that will set the timing. Pause a little longer on complex slides.

This is how you run a kiosk system for Power Point.

I became a PowerPoint expert decades ago. Any meeting using it was noted to be a massive waste of time.

Send an email. :)

It's for Career Day; it will run on a screen while I answer questions....in a large room as kids walk by.
My ppt does not look like that at all. Either its a viewer or a much older version.
Will get back to you -thanks.

Discovered the original producer of the slideshow must have somehow locked the settings. No matter what we do with them, even using the PPT-making software a friend has - no altering that part of it.

Discovered the original producer of the slideshow must have somehow locked the settings. No matter what we do with them, even using the PPT-making software a friend has - no altering that part of it.

Man, that is one proud PowerPoint creator. Hahaha.

Man, that is one proud PowerPoint creator. Hahaha.
Good PowerPoint is difficult if not impossible to find...see what I did there?

I have seen PowerPoint listed as engineering software in job descriptions. I just stop reading at that point.

You know, it’s “career day”... you could just be the guy who sits at a computer and flips the photos.

I’ve seen that guy at a couple of companies. :) :) :)

Back