[NA] PDF won't print true [NA]

Let'sgoflying!

Touchdown! Greaser!
Display Name

Display name:
Dave Taylor
This pdf file has little boxes within the text that say things like "D->" and "Enter".
When you call the file up it is visible on the computer screen.

But when you print any page of the file, all these little boxes appear as black rectangles, and the letters in the box are not visible.

Ideas?

I can print it after saving as a jpg but the text loses its crispness and it would take forever to save each page as a jpg.

Update Adobe Acrobat Reader. This usually fixes it.

Help...Check for Updates now...follow the wizard.

Brian Austin said:
Update Adobe Acrobat Reader. This usually fixes it.

No joy (not fixed).
"No updates are available"
Version 7.0.7

Need more ideas!

alaskaflyer said:
And to add to your problems, it apparently won't appear as an attachment ;)

I did not try to attach anything before because as a pdf, it won't allow me to excerpt a section and re-save as a new pdf.

However this snapshot jpg of a partial page allows you to see what is not printing.

Attachments

• This jpg prints fine.JPG
    This jpg prints fine.JPG
    9 KB · Views: 13
Let'sgoflying! said:
No joy (not fixed).
"No updates are available"
Version 7.0.7

Need more ideas!

I was going to say "reinstall Acrobat Reader." My guess would be that your screen fonts are OK but the printer fonts are either corrupted or missing. Or, you may need to reinstall whatever software is generating the characters (must be a flight planner?) as well.

flyingcheesehead said:
I was going to say "reinstall Acrobat Reader." My guess would be that your screen fonts are OK but the printer fonts are either corrupted or missing. Or, you may need to reinstall whatever software is generating the characters (must be a flight planner?) as well.

Its a downloadable gps manual in pdf format.

I suppose the screen fonts are ok as I can see them - but two completely different (and relatively new) computers and printers cannot print the rectangles.

I think it is Adobe that is generating the characters, and Adobe tells me there are no updates; mine is the latest is what I think that means.

Email it to me, I'll fiddle with it here.

Yeah, right. Mav's game three, Pilotcast on the 'puter, I'm gonna work. You bet.

SCCutler said:
Yeah, right. Mav's game three, Pilotcast on the 'puter, I'm gonna work. You bet.

Place the right bets and you can own that airplane....

yuk, yuk - just kidding Spikey-boy. I was just too lazy to find it right now - mebbe later, thanks for the kind offer.

Back