[NA]PDF to fillable PDF[NA]

Let'sgoflying!

Touchdown! Greaser!
Display Name

Display name:
Dave Taylor
I have a pdf that was intended to be fillable but was not presented to me that way.
I need to convert it to fillable and have seen many many options; none that have worked so far.

I have tried the 'free convert to fillable pdf software' but after downloading, it would simply fail to do anything.

I have tried to open in OpenOffice and LibreOffice without success. Even after conversion to rtf and doc files.

I am too leery of the 'upload and store your pdf here, we will convert and store it, send it back to you' as my file has too much private data on it. (SSN etc)

How about using OCR software, scan & save as a Writer document?

Win7 64bit OO only not Word.

If you don't have too many fields to fill and you only need to do it once:

Convert to .png or .jpg and/or take a screenshot.

Paste it into your word processor as a background image. (Word makes it easier and lets you 'insert object from file')

Insert text boxes where the blank fields are and type away.

Sounds good Mike except this one is 15 pages with 00's of fillables.
I will remember your idea for my next short pdf; I get some of those too.

How about using the OCR feature on a printer?

I wish I had a mac to mess around with on this document. Maybe my ipad could do something with it.

If you have access to Adobe Acrobat it has a typewriter tool that works on any PDF, fillable or not.

http://blogs.adobe.com/dmcmahon/2011/09/17/acrobatreader-x-how-to-enable-the-typewriter-tool/

That is what I use to fill out all my PDF's...even made a signature "stamp" to sign docs. Can't remember the last time I had to print and fill out a form.

Really cheeseball work around is to save as a .jpeg, import into powerpoint then use text boxes where you need to fill in data.

Last edited:
Back