NA Password managers

Let'sgoflying!

Touchdown! Greaser!
Display Name

Display name:
Dave Taylor
Someone told me Roboform is best.

Are they automatic? Or do you have to manually type the password into the app?

Someone told me Roboform is best.

Are they automatic? Or do you have to manually type the password into the app?

I use LastPass. It is free for PC and Mac. To use the iOS app requires a $12 /year membership. To my knowledge no PW manager can fill iOS apps, as Apple has that locked down.

I have tried them all and this one is the one that works best and is cheapest for full functionality.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Second on LastPass, though they were recently purchased by LogMeIn, so we'll see what happens. The two features that I love are the ability to instantly sync between all devices (pay the $12/yr, it's more than worth it), and the Secure Notes, which allow me to keep track of passport numbers, insurance info (including images of insurance cards), etc. Very useful.

You might want to check these articles out before committing to LastPass or any other password manager for that matter. The problem with password managers (as I understand them) is that they represent a single point of failure and if compromised, can allow a morally deficient individual complete access to every website account you have. In defense of LastPass, they have supposedly fixed the flaws, but after reading articles like these, it does make you wonder how well the password manager companies test their software before release. Of course, writing them down on paper, storing them on a pen drive or in the "cloud," isn't exactly a solution either. Everything is hackable it seems. Good luck.

Flaw With Password Manager LastPass could hand over control to attackers (July 27,2016)

http://www.pcworld.com/article/3101...tpass-could-hand-over-control-to-hackers.html

“Severe” password manager attacks steal digital keys and data en masse (July 14, 2014)

http://arstechnica.com/security/201...attacks-steal-digital-keys-and-data-en-masse/

How do they work?
Right now I have to keep a word file of them or write them all out on a 8&1/2x11 then manually enter them into the applicable website.

With a manager, will it grab all pw's as I enter them into a website, and autofill them when I need them or how does it work?

I use lastpass for most of my personal passwords and keep a keepass vault for more sensitive things. I also routinely back up the lastpass vault in to my keepass. Professionally, I use keepass exclusively.

How do they work?
Right now I have to keep a word file of them or write them all out on a 8&1/2x11 then manually enter them into the applicable website.

With a manager, will it grab all pw's as I enter them into a website, and autofill them when I need them or how does it work?

Yes that is how it works. There is an extension for your browser that captures when you enter a password and saves it. Then when you go to that site again it automatically fills the fields.

LastPass is completely free unless you want it to sync with iOS. Download it and try it out!

Whatever one you go with just keep up on updates, and you'll generally be fine. They're all constantly under attack.

Back