[NA] Otters vs Snakes [NA]

One could hop those were juvenile Burmese pythons, a very invasive species in Florida. Had they been adult Burmese pythons the meal would be going the other way.

I call that video "the last time I ever mowed that side of the house".

I think I've mentioned the story of my brother's python throwing me and another full-sized adult against a wall like we were marshmallows. Clearly it tolerated us handling it because we were not a threat. The moment it wanted us off; hoo boy we were off. That thing was a scary kind of strong that I hadn't anticipated. I'll not underestimate one again.

I call that video "the last time I ever mowed that side of the house".

I think I've mentioned the story of my brother's python throwing me and another full-sized adult against a wall like we were marshmallows. Clearly it tolerated us handling it because we were not a threat. The moment it wanted us off; hoo boy we were off. That thing was a scary kind of strong that I hadn't anticipated. I'll not underestimate one again.
I saw a report on the BBC that a python in America had tried to eat its owner. Turned out the owner was a good friend and the python was Miss Piggy. And yeah, she was a handful when she wanted to be. That, and the report was inordinately sensationalized.

They found a python out in the glades years back, exploded because it tried to eat an alligator. Ugh.

I'm pretty sure these snakes are black racers. We had a nest of them outside which is actually fine since they are non-venomous and they take care of any vermin that might wander by. Probably needed some culling though. The video shows only two being eaten, but the otters stayed there for a good two hours and got 3 more.

Back