[NA]OpenOffice shortcuts[NA]

Let'sgoflying!

Touchdown! Greaser!
Display Name

Display name:
Dave Taylor
How do you reduce or enlarge the font size of an entire document using shortcut keys? (or buttons) I believe in MSWord you can select all, then CTRL- or CTRL+.
Need to maintain the relative size of fonts within the document (ie I know how to change them all from 10 to 14 but want to preserve the size difference between header and body.

I use LibreOffice, and the shortcuts are ctrl+[ and ctrl+].

If that doesn't work for OpenOffice, then there's this I found via The Google:

Not that I have found; however, you can put a button on your toolbar to "Increase Font". It will increase the font by 2 points.

There is also a button to Decrease Font which can be added to any toolbar.

View -> Toolbars-> Customize...

I use LibreOffice, and the shortcuts are ctrl+[ and ctrl+].

If that doesn't work for OpenOffice, then there's this I found via The Google:

The buttons don't work for a selection of which contains multiple font sizes - tried it yesterday.

yep couldn't figure that out..thks for googling tho. Do have LO, might try that.

Clark's right. I tested the functionality with mixed font sizes on my existing install of LibreOffice (v4.1) and it similarly failed. With some additional Googling, I discovered that LibreOffice addressed this issue in v4.4 (which, incidentally, is not available through Linux Mint's (v16 "Petra") software center; only the older version). I downloaded and installed LibreOffice 4.4 and have confirmed it works as intended on mixed font sizes using the keyboard shortcuts noted above.

I don't know if OpenOffice made a similar fix. Perhaps be sure you're using the most recent version, and if that fails, switch to LibreOffice.

Honestly, I didn't know you could still get OOo. I thought they had discontinued development after it forked and LibreOffice took over.

It sort of works with LO.
You have to add the buttons to the toolbar; not easy to find.
Then you cannot select text with differing font sizes to mass-reduce or mass-enlarge.
You may only select text of one size for this feature to work (otherwise the buttons grey-out and the option is unavailable).

When I first saw this problem (and other things OO would not do the same as Word), I wondered if they had done this in order to make it "different enough" from Word to avoid copyright infringement?

Back