[NA] On Hold Messages

AggieMike88

Touchdown! Greaser!
Display Name

Display name:
The original "I don't know it all" of aviation.
A new phone system is on order for the Salvage yard. This will be a good opportunity to update all of my on hold messages.

Searching about for some inspiration, I found this one....

Any others got you laughing but accomplished the objective of helping you to remember the company?

Why does a dermatologist's message have to say, "if you have a life-threatening emergency, hang up and dial 911"? In fact, all semi- or pseudo medical offices do! We are not stupid!
Besides, if we did call you first, while choking on 6 hotdogs, or in the throes of a grand mal, we would not hang up and dial 911, we'd hang up then have to pick the phone up again to dial out, wouldn't we? Completely missed that detail although you got all the others, didn't you? And what's this about only "Life Threatening' emergencies? What if I chopped off important bits on the table saw, but not enough bleeding to be your "Life Threatening"?? Then what, suck it up? Get a few bandaids....and text the hospital? Huh?
Brother.

Last edited:
Why does a dermatologist's message have to say, "if you have a life-threatening emergency, hang up and dial 911"? In fact, all semi- or pseudo medical offices do! We are not stupid!

You'd be amazed how many phone calls my wife has taken on-call when she was doing home care nursing on weekends where I heard her say, "If you feel that you're having an emergency you may need to go to the ER. We do not handle that. Yes I understand you waited a half an hour for a call back, you've reached the on-call nurse for the company but generally we are here for pre-arranged weekend visit schedule changes and similar things. Right, that doesn't sound too good but I can't do diagnosis over the phone. You'll need to contact your regular doctor or go to the ER. I show your doctor as Dr. SoAndSo, have you tried their number? Yes that's the number I have for them also. No we are not his office. Alright, have a nice weekend."

At least she got paid for every single one of them. Hundreds. I'm not kidding. Hundreds of those.

Back