[NA]Need Sawzall Primer[NA]

I love destroying things with my reciprocating saw. Unfortunately the opportunity doesn't arise often enough. It's a Dewalt corded from way back. Haven't hit a project yet where I can justify switching to battery.

Moose hunting. Battery operated recip saws are the cat's azz for field dressing and quartering a big animal.

The battery op recip is also a great thing for pruning short of bringing out the chain saw.

Yep, battery packs are a real fun thing. I got a Makita cordless drill ages ago and a freebee ryobi, everything else matches:

18v XRP Dewalt:

2xReciprocating Saw
2xCircular Saw
2xHammer Drill
2xDrill with handle to fit my VThrust towbars
Right Angle Drill
Grinder
Rotozip-like thing
Two flash lights
Jig Saw
Impact Wrench
Finish Nailer
little wet-dry vac
Radio
Worklight Charger Thing

12V Milwaukee
Impact Driver
Drill
Multitool sander/saw
Hackzall
Palm nailer
Tubing Cutter
Inspection Camera
Flashlight

I love my cordless Dewalt drill and my Porter-Cable drill and Impact driver. I use them frequently. The PC was bought to replace the DeWalt, but both the drill and the Ni-Cad batteries just keep on keeping on. Like others, I use my Craftsman circular saw, Sawzall and Rockwall oscillating saw infrequently so bought corded.

I also have both corded and cordless Dremel tools, both of which are used frequently for various household and shop projects. Very handy tools.

Harbor Freight is so hit or miss, I've been lucky with them in many regards though. I have a 4" angle grinder I have used for 20+ years. I used it frequently when restoring old Army vehicles...which required a great deal of grinding to fix what other had modified over the years. My dad also had the same grinder, which I have today as well. Both still work. I also bough a compounding polisher from HF which I used for years polishing my Swift. It worked great until I loaned it to my brother for something and he had the collet lock held down when he started it. Burned it up and broke something inside, but it was pretty well worn out after several years use. I think I paid $25 for it. I splurged and bought a replacement for $35 which I used the last couple of years without issue.

Anyone ever tried Harbor Freight hacksaw blades? USELESS. So brittle the teeth chip or the blade snaps with the slightest offset. I bought a box of 500 for something like $5 20+ years ago and still have about half. They will work, but it isn't uncommon to have to use multiple blades to make anything but the smallest of cuts. I'm too cheap to toss them though. :D

Regarding HF, I have a 3" cutoff wheel (pneumatic), 4" angle grinder (pneumatic), a sander/polisher (electric/corded), and the oscillating tool (electric/corded). Aside from the odd cut-off wheel size, they all work fine. All combined they weren't likely $50, and get used a handful of times each year. Can't complain. Do they use more air or are noisier than their name brand counterparts? Sure. However, for no more than I use them, it doesn't make sense to get fancy with them. I'm also not particularly brand-loyal when it comes to most of my tools.

Mechanics tools - mostly Craftsman/Cobalt
Reciprocating Saw - Milwaukee
Circular Saw - Rigid
Cordless Drill - DeWalt
Corded Drill - Craftman Professional
Pneumatic Nailers - Bostich, Rigid, Hitachi
Pneumatic Impact - AirCat
Air Compressor - Iron Horse
Shop Vac - Rigid
Table Saw - Bosch
JigSaw - Black & Decker Firestorm
Misc - Dremmel, Rotozip