NA: my Clark W Grizwald 4th of July!

Huckster79

Pattern Altitude
Display Name

Display name:
Huckster79
Had I only had a camera crew I could have added to the nation lampoon series.

first summer holiday weekend as we blend a family. Loaded up on groceries and lots of gas..

midway into the day, I was slamming the throttle on the old Merc Tower of Power to make it porpoise for fun- and hit a wave wrong- lost my balance as I was on a knee and pushed the throttle arm to the 6pclock position- it’s not supposed to go that far! Oh well one toy broke they can play w the wave runner…

my son sucks up a ski rope. Ugghh

dad to the rescue w a razor! Flip her upside down- commence to cutting and I realize it’s sinking! (Iv now read that’s NOT the way to fix an impeller problem) Flip it n swim it to shore going through waist deep muck. Pull the drains and the plugs and blow her full displacement of water out of em! Time for a fire, I’ll fix that thing in the morning..

my nephew shows up with several firework cakes- one tipped over on dads soft ground and started firing at us! I grabbed our little kiddos like footballs n hauled arse! All were ok but the woods was on fire- got it out… time to go home.

got home and while we walked in the dog runs by us and off he goes running at the same speed that the VSI shows in a tripacer after engine out!

got him back- went to bed- got up n got the waverunner going- it said to run it 20 mins once fired up to boil off any water hiding anywhere- perfect- till the impeller ate the wear-ring :mad:

happy 4th :D Clark W Grizwald has nothing on me now ;)

Lol, that's quite a sequence of events. I have had the jet ski thing happen the same way before. My college roommate decided to do a 360 spin right over the tow rope I had let go of after a bit of slalom skiing (we had just gotten on the water less than an hour before). Welded that nylon rope into a solid ball around the impeller shaft. We had it flipped over while I try and tug at the rope, then started seeing BIG bubbles come up and I knew we needed to get it to shore. Ended up getting a tow back to the ramp. Got it home, cut out the rope, then pulled the spark plugs out and cranked her over. Geysers shot out of each cylinder, lol. Put plugs back in and she fired right off without issue. Thank goodness for the old 2-strokes. Still have that Kawasaki 1100STX, but we haven't had it out in 3 years or so since we normally take the boat.

Lol, that's quite a sequence of events. I have had the jet ski thing happen the same way before. My college roommate decided to do a 360 spin right over the tow rope I had let go of after a bit of slalom skiing (we had just gotten on the water less than an hour before). Welded that nylon rope into a solid ball around the impeller shaft. We had it flipped over while I try and tug at the rope, then started seeing BIG bubbles come up and I knew we needed to get it to shore. Ended up getting a tow back to the ramp. Got it home, cut out the rope, then pulled the spark plugs out and cranked her over. Geysers shot out of eat cylinder, lol. Put plugs back in and she fired right off without issue. Thank goodness for the old 2-strokes.

yup the big bubbles was my “oh sheesh” moment! I too was shocked at the water that blew out!

The rope this time only got the pressure from the starter so it wasn’t welded :) but I’ve seen that before!

I’m a bit confused why the wear ring got chomped- thinking the rope damaged it and took a bit of running to fail. Once I had it running it Wasn't reaching full rpm and I was trying to think of the why… well I think it became obvious that it was eating the ring! Debating to just order impeller/ring kit or just the ring and see what the impeller looks like once opened…

but dang straight those simple two strokes are amazing!

yup the big bubbles was my “oh sheesh” moment! I too was shocked at the water that blew out!

The rope this time only got the pressure from the starter so it wasn’t welded :) but I’ve seen that before!

I’m a bit confused why the wear ring got chomped- thinking the rope damaged it and took a bit of running to fail. Once I had it running it Wasn't reaching full rpm and I was trying to think of the why… well I think it became obvious that it was eating the ring! Debating to just order impeller/ring kit or just the ring and see what the impeller looks like once opened…

but dang straight those simple two strokes are amazing!
Impeller is probably fine, I'd just do the wear ring unless you're looking to change impeller pitch. When that rope got sucked up on mine, he had the throttle down pretty good, so it was spinning every bit of 4K rpm or more. Doesn't take long to suck up a 60' rope at that speed, lol.

happy 4th :D Clark W Grizwald has nothing on me now

But did you wear the white shoes.??

clark.jpg

Back