NA/Metro PCS cellular service?

Sportpilot

Filing Flight Plan
Outside the FRZ/Inside the ADIZ...er....SFRA....da
Display Name

Display name:
Sportpilot
My Verizon contract is about to expire and I'm considering replacing it with Metro PCS service. I'm currently in Central Florida and the coverage map looks sufficient. It's a flat rate ($45/mo) for a lot more services than I'm getting from Verizon. Anyone have thoughts on their quality, customer service, etc. Thanks!

An interesting discussion about their 4G offering

http://www.slate.com/id/2283747/pagenum/all/

MetroPCS' most expensive 4G plan is cheaper than most other carriers' least expensive 3G plans. That sounded too good to be true. And, boy, was it ever.I've been using the Samsung Craft, MetroPCS' first and only 4G phone, for a couple weeks now. It's a nightmare. I'd call it the worst cell phone I've ever used, but to do so would woefully undersell the sadists who've unleashed this little gadget of horrors upon an unsuspecting public. Everything about this phone seems designed not just to frustrate users but to get us to swear off ever using any phone again. Yes, the Craft is so terrible that I've started to spin conspiracy theories around its release. Specifically, I wonder whether MetroPCS is trying to get us all bummed out about the possibilities of 4G so that it can forgo any major improvements in its network. After all, if this is what 4G is like, maybe we should all stop whining and stick with what we've got now.

Back