[NA] Mail Merge (MS Office) help needed

AggieMike88

Touchdown! Greaser!
Display Name

Display name:
The original "I don't know it all" of aviation.
So I know the basics of doing form letters in word using a data table.

But that's for when each page just uses each column one time, then saves that letter as a page, and creates a new page with the new data/letter.

What I have a need to do is fill out the form I've attached. This is something that the State of Texas requires when I surrender the vehicle titles to the DMV. Unfortunately, Texas has not caught up with the modern age of allow me to just upload to a secure site, print out a receipt and then surrender the titles with that receipt. This form is part of a book with carbon paper that I fill out by hand.

Recently I confirmed that they will accept a reproduction that looks near exact, but printed out on the laser printer with the data blocks filled in.

I have the data they ask for in my inventory system and can put it into an excel sheet.

My question I haven't answered by googling is how to get the mail merge function to fill in the 10 lines, save that page, then fill in another 10 lines. Everything I have found so far is just take one line/record of data, fill in the blanks, then start a new page with the next line/record.

So anyone have any instructions on how to make the system go 10 records at a time?

If I can crack this nut, it will save quite a bit of time each month and cramped up hands.

Attachments

• VTR-340 mf.pdf
    167.4 KB · Views: 8
It's cake in WordPerfect, and I suspect Word has some way to do it, although no one who knows what they're doing would claim Word was better at it.

In WordPerfect, you'd set up a counter to increment as you worked through the records, checking first to see whether the next record existed (checking, thus, for the end of the data), then incrementing the counter and inserting the field data.

If you hit a roadblock with the mail merge Mike the task would be simple using VBA with Excel.

If you hit a roadblock with the mail merge Mike the task would be simple using VBA with Excel.

I guess since I have to do a

200_s.gif

it isn't as simple as you might imply

VBA = Visual Basic for applications. Taking info from one spreadsheet and putting it in another spreadsheet is a piece of cake when everything has a consistent structure.

Back