(NA) Just how long is the New Orleans Convention center?

Cap'n Jack

Final Approach
Display Name

Display name:
Cap'n Jack
If you have attended a convention in New Orleans, you have probably visited the Riverwalk mall & seeing the Morial Convention center stretching way under the bridge and wondered "just how long is that building?!" It looks like the far end is in Baton Rouge!

It is 3372 feet long with a probable error of 75 feet (sum of the estimated error position of the two waypoints). Measured it this morning with my GPS and calculated the distance difference with
http://williams.best.vwh.net/gccalc.htm.

Garmin V with WAAS turned on, averaged the two waypoints.

Attachments

• NOLA Conv Ctr.jpg
    NOLA Conv Ctr.jpg
    154.4 KB · Views: 11
It seems better than when I was there 2 months ago. Also seems to be a little more traffic, but some of that is the nature of the meeting this time. Service seemed better too.

I had to drive to Biloxi just before the meeting- Northeast of the French Quarter still really looks bad- I saw houses covered to the peak of the roof on all sides with some vine with yellow flowers. My camera was stowed & I didn't want to mess with it while driving down I-10. Those houses looked like something from a fairy-tale or "the future when humans died off" depending on your literary slant.

The convention center is really really long. Its like the terminal in Atlanta.

The convention center is really really long. Its like the terminal in Atlanta.

And it seems even longer when you have to carry/drag some heavy piece of equipment the shipping department forgot to pack, and they sent it to your hotel room instead of the Convention Center.

Back