[NA]Itunes Mayday[NA]

Let'sgoflying!

Touchdown! Greaser!
Display Name

Display name:
Dave Taylor
Not the first by far, nor the last I'm sure. When is a better system coming out?

I wanted to add some songs from my PC to my ipad so I open Itunes and look at what is there. Haven't done so in a while.
Many of my songs are unavailable because iTunes cannot locate them.
I have not moved them nor shuffled & rearranged files, nor told iTunes to look in a new location.

I think the easiest solution is to restore the PC from the ipad.
What steps are involved? Was unable to drag and drop from ipad to PC.

I don't think i-devices copy onto computers, never saw it work that way. That's why my own tunes library is backed up ten days to Sunday. I suppose its possible that some of my tunes are unavailable, I have greater than hundred gigs worth of music, so a little could go missing without my knowing it. But I doubt it.

Worse case, I buy CDs for the price of downloaded songs. Leaves me the CD as the ultimate backup. I could re-load all that stuff, but I'd rather not.

Some IT guru will be along with a work around for you to do what you want. Plenty will be around to bash Apple.

Apple has never made it easy to go from iDevice to computer. Likely a pact made in order to get labels to agree to digital downloads of their songs.

There were ways in the Apple world - two programs called Senuti and Escape Pod, IIRC. Don't know if they still exist, or what the Windows equivalent might be.

Sorry.

I use iTunes Match. It's ~$25/year for the service. Once you sign up for the service, any songs you have, no matter where you got them from, will be matched with Apple's high quality DRM-free copy of the song. From then on, every song you've matched with the service can be downloaded and/or played on your iphone, ipad, mac or PC.

It's a much easier way of keeping your songs without worrying about losing them in a iTunes sync-gone-wrong. And you don't have to take up memory/hard drive space with your music if you don't want to, since you can stream it.

when I sync I get prompted about whether I want purchases on my device to be copied to the computer. I don't have any problems doing it.

Back