[NA]Ipod Q[NA]

Let'sgoflying!

Touchdown! Greaser!
Display Name

Display name:
Dave Taylor
I told my wife I would be able to transfer all her ipod tunes to my HD in order to back them up. No problem.

Um... I looked at the Itunes menu and do not see a way to do that... tried to drag them all over to a new playlist, no joy.
Any ideas?? Quick, save me. (nah, don't rush. She already knows about me)
:D

Hi Dave,

I've called Apple regarding this issue before and the only way to do it is make sure you're using your iPod as a hard disk (which should already be enabled/true) and then go into the ipod through a Windows Explorer browser to the iPod music folder. Copy all of the songs and paste them into a folder in MyMusic.

In iTunes select import and then import the folder you created in MyMusic. The titles of the songs do get messed up in the process occasionally, but it works.

Jason

I've used this before
http://www.ipodcopy.com/
There is a 30 day trial I beleive.

There is a freeware package that'll do the same thing out there somewhere..Just can't remember the name.

Wow, Im shocked that it should be so difficult. I guess its protecting someones rights or something.
Thanks Jason, I'll try it.

OK I figured I would just reinstall Itunes etc from her CD, on MY computer and then I would be able to put her Ipod library on my computer but when put a disk in my (only) drive, it spins up the light flashes but it won't run.
It won't run ANY disk!
My desktop shortcut to the drive is inop! I click on My Computer and the drive which was always there in the past....is gone! Even after several restartings of the computer.

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!I hate computers and all electronic devices!!! I'll be in the bar!

Let'sgoflying! said:
OK I figured I would just reinstall Itunes etc from her CD, on MY computer and then I would be able to put her Ipod library on my computer but when put a disk in my (only) drive, it spins up the light flashes but it won't run.
It won't run ANY disk!
My desktop shortcut to the drive is inop! I click on My Computer and the drive which was always there in the past....is gone! Even after several restartings of the computer.

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!I hate computers and all electronic devices!!! I'll be in the bar!

Don't hate computers and electronic devices, hate apples and apple made devices.

Double check to make sure that the IPod is connected to the PC. double click my computer, and there should be an option that says "Apple IPOD" or "Flash Drive" or something like that.

I don't think it will work though. That is the problem with DRM. You bought the song for use on the IPod, not another IPod. You must be stealing the music right?

My suggestion: Dump the IPod, get a real MP3 player that doesn't require DRM to work.

Back