NA iPod Olympic Swimming NA

denverpilot

Tied Down
Display Name

Display name:
DenverPilot
Left the sun roof open on the Yukon last night.

Old original hard drive based iPod was pretending to be Michael Phelps this morning in the cup holder, just a lot slower.

Oh well. :)

stick it in some rice. it should be just fine after a few days. :)

Nah, it's dead. I dried it thoroughly but without a hardware power switch it tried to do things while it was wet and buttons were shorting out. ;)

I should add that the boot loader still tries and the completely flooded LCD screen still works. I suspect the real hard drive in it is quite unhappy. You can put your ear up to it and hear it resetting over and over.

Might be fun to plug it into the old MacBook and see if it can restore it. But I doubt it.

It was "well depreciated" no complaints here.

Sooo, do you need a post shut-down checklist for the Yukon?

Sent a Sansa MP3 player(video screen and all) through a commercial washing machine. Dried it out in the sun for two weeks and all is well. One button is a bit sticky but everything else is fine.

Sooo, do you need a post shut-down checklist for the Yukon?

An IMSAFE checklist was probably more in order, mostly the E item. Wasn't a particularly distraction-free week.

I didn't belong anywhere near an airplane last week, and didn't go near one, that's for sure.

Unfortunately I had to operate the Yukon. It wasn't as easy to avoid. If all that happened was a flooded old ancient iPod, I got off easy. :)

Back