[NA]iphone photos; where?[NA]

Let'sgoflying!

Touchdown! Greaser!
Display Name

Display name:
Dave Taylor
When I use the camera app which is opened by triple-clicking the home button, where do those pics go?

I checked Photos.
I opened the Camera and looked in that storage.
Seems like you can take pics all day long in triple-click mode but it does not store them.
:dunno:

Should be in photos. Check other albums or other tabs at the bottom. iAd that issue with screenshots being tucked away but definitely in Photos.

Dave,
They should be stored in Camera Roll or My Photo Stream. If you're updated to the latest version of iOS, you should be able to swipe left from the lock screen and access the camera. At the bottom left of the camera is a small box that the photos should also be stored into.

This camera function appears to work differently.
Using the 'triple click camera', pressing the shutter release does not save the pic.
Pressing the shutter release freezes the screen, then if you want to save it to Photos, you press & hold the screen & the Save option pops up - and only then does it go to Photos.

This camera function appears to work differently.
Using the 'triple click camera', pressing the shutter release does not save the pic.
Pressing the shutter release freezes the screen, then if you want to save it to Photos, you press & hold the screen & the Save option pops up - and only then does it go to Photos.
Huh, I don't believe I have encountered an issue like this. Might try checking the Apple forums, or take it into your nearest BestBuy or Apple Store.

I have an iPhone but I have no clue what "triple click camera" means. When I triple click the home button, the home screen or whatever app I had open last appears.

I have an iPhone but I have no clue what "triple click camera" means. When I triple click the home button, the home screen or whatever app I had open last appears.
I believe he's referring to the home button shortcuts under accessibility, but I could be wrong.

Its a few months old iphone SE. (not a 5, not a 6, not a 7)
When I click the mechanical button rapidly three times, as advertised, a camera opens.

Its a few months old iphone SE. (not a 5, not a 6, not a 7)
When I click the mechanical button rapidly three times, as advertised, a camera opens.

What iOS version is it running? That does not sound like a default behavior for iOS 10, and I don't recall it being a default behavior for iOS 9. In any case, I've never clicked the shutter button in Camera and had it do anything other than save the photo (in the Photos app).

It almost sounds like your "triple click" is activating an app other than the default Camera app. Do you see the same behavior when you launch Camera by tapping it from the home screen?

If so, check to make sure that Camera is set to take photos and not slo-mo or some other selection, as this setting (above the shutter button) is easy to accidentally change.

JKG

What iOS version is it running?
10.3.1 "Your software is up to date"

It almost sounds like your "triple click" is activating an app other than the default Camera app. Do you see the same behavior when you launch Camera by tapping it from the home screen?
No, it behaves like the previous iphone I had (4), and other iphones I've used (5 and 6)

If so, check to make sure that Camera is set to take photos and not slo-mo or some other selection, as this setting (above the shutter button) is easy to accidentally change.
It's on 'photo' and the "Triple Click Cam" is still doing it's non-saving thing.

I will try to take a vid of this, seems weird no one else has it.
I think its native, not an acquired app because when I get off that app then double click home to close all apps....no apps are open.

Thanks

I will try to take a vid of this, seems weird no one else has it.
I think its native, not an acquired app because when I get off that app then double click home to close all apps....no apps are open.

My best guess is that something in Settings-> Accessibility is enabled, perhaps Switch Control or similar. To my knowledge, triple click is not an iOS default for any action.

The default action for launching the lock screen camera on iOS 10 is to swipe left on the lock screen. In this case, the Camera app will not subsequently show up in the list of open apps shown when you double click from the home screen.

JKG

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Triple click is apparently an accessibility option, which was off by default on my iPhone. You need to assign the triple click to an action, under General/Accessibility/Accessibility shortcut.

Back