NA Ipad2 mail problem

Let'sgoflying!

Touchdown! Greaser!
Display Name

Display name:
Dave Taylor
I cannot send mail with attachments (ones with plain text take 5 minutes but do go)
I notice there are 4 emails sitting in the outbox. Three have attached images and one has a large audio file from Voicememos on my cellphone which I was attempting to forward to my laptop.
There is a eternally spinning wheel to the left of that mail's details which I think might be hanging things up. I can click on the other three to see the contents including their images but not this one; nothing happens when I touch it.
I have shut down mail, restarted.
I have gone to Airplane mode, I still cannot do anything with that mail.
I have turned ipad off/on.
I have rebooted (hard reset?) the ipad, still no change.
Rest of the ipad, including browsing on Safari is fine.

Can you delete them outta your out box?

Worst case you can delete the email account off your ipad and re-add it back fresh. You will loose what has not gone out to the sever yet but the rest should come back.

Can you delete them outta your out box?
nope, (that's what I meant by nothing happens when I touch it) - there are no options to move it or stop it or delete it

Worst case you can delete the email account off your ipad and re-add it back fresh. You will loose what has not gone out to the sever yet but the rest should come back.
There are a couple of photos attached I'd didnt want to lose.
Once I sent the mail, I figured we were good. Couple days later I cleaned up the photos and then I find the mail hung like this. :(

Can you get on a computer and log in to your mail account online to see what's going on there?

Hold the power button down till you get to the power off screen. Then hold down the round button till,the careen flashes.

Should take you to,your main app screen. Open mail and see if you can work it from.

What mail service are you using? iCloud/MobileMe or whatever or something else?

If your using a pop3 account or something similar, you have to make sure the outgoing mail server is listed in settings correctly. If its not will download your messages but not send your outgoing ones.

David, no one has mentioned that you can add another outbound mail server that doesn't have a size limitation and then switch the iOS device over to use that server. Do you have access to another mail server that doesn't have the limitations your existing one does? Gmail account would probably work fine.

I was able to reestablish the mail after killing it, lost that audio file (it was a backup, not the orig) Used your idea, Mari)
Thanks
Good idea DP

I was able to reestablish the mail after killing it, lost that audio file (it was a backup, not the orig) Used your idea, Mari)
Thanks
Good idea DP

Sorry I didn't see the post and think of it sooner.

And don't look up "DP" in the urban slang dictionary. ;-)

(Name here is Nate by the way, David. Heh.)

Back