[NA]Ipad lockout[NA]

Let'sgoflying!

Touchdown! Greaser!
Display Name

Display name:
Dave Taylor
Elderly Person's ipad.
They forgot their pw.
We tried all the ones EP thought it might be but none of them were right.
Now the ipad says "Ipad is Disabled (connect to itunes)".

HOWEVER
now, EP has found where the pw was written down so we have the pw now.

Is there any hope, or it is a (200mi x 2 = 400mi) drive to the nearest Apple help desk, like they told us earlier in the game?

Can't see how connecting to itunes will help. Its never been connected to itunes. All of the family have their own itunes on their desk/laptop so connecting to that does not seem likely to help.

Connecting to iTunes may prompt you for the password, and subsequently unlock the iPad, but this will likely only work if the iPad had been previously connected to iTunes on that computer. Usually, the iPad will disable itself temporarily after a few incorrect passwords, and then force you to wait a progressively longer period of time between attempts. If you've exhausted all attempts, you may have to wipe and restore it. I hope there's a backup in iCloud if anything was critical.

Last edited:
Have you tried re-booting it?

No important data: a wipe is fine
Apple support says doesnt matter if its never been connected to itunes (makes sense, its not like you must buy a computer to own an ipad)
Have rebooted innumerable times.

I was going to suggest wiping it to reset might be the only option.

I'm not exactly "elderly" yet but I can see the writing on the wall with ithingie passwords. Making it secure against theft makes it too secure against your own self.:(

Back