NA Ipad calendar synching NA

Let'sgoflying!

Touchdown! Greaser!
Display Name

Display name:
Dave Taylor
Anyone done this?
Synching what is on the ipad to an online calendar such as the one I have with Yahoo.
The instructions there are abstruse.

Settings-----> mail, contacts, calendar ------->. Add account ------> yahoo
Put in your log in info.
Turn mail and calendars "on"

If you.have the account already added, you can just turn the calendar on.

Once the calendar is added, go to the calendar app, upper left hand corner, check the yahoo account to view it.

Settings-----> mail, contacts, calendar ------->. Add account ------> yahoo
Put in your log in info.
check.

Turn mail and calendars "on"
check. On the ipad.

If you have the account already added, you can just turn the calendar on.
Can you send the info either direction? I got a calendar ;shared' from one ipad to Yahoo online, now I need it to go from there to another ipad.

The calendar loaded automatically to the ipad, and I can see the calendar name, and it is checked on the ipad -- but it is not loading the events from yahoo online to the ipad. Tried turning on and off, don't see an option to force a sync or push the data.

The calendar loaded automatically to the ipad, and I can see the calendar name, and it is checked on the ipad -- but it is not loading the events from yahoo online to the ipad. Tried turning on and off, don't see an option to force a sync or push the data.

You can push data both directions, either add something to the Yahoo account, or something to the iPad, and it should sync to everything else.

For changing the sync settings.

Settings -----> Mail, Contacts, Calenders -------> Fetch New Data (below add account) -----> Push should be "On", Ive got my "Fetch" to be every Hour. -------> Advanced -------> Yahoo should be "Push"

If the account is set up for a "Push", the yahoo server will send the new calender info to the iPad. If set to "Fetch", it won't update until the iPad pulls the data off the server (Potentially a 2 hour delay if you have two iPads). Push tends to be much faster.

We are very close now.
Got the online calendar renamed,
got the iphone receiving the calendar.

But the one ipad refuses to load the calendar info.
It finds the calendar name, and has a check beside it. Push is selected for this account.

and the iphone is off.

The calendar is safely on the yahoo site from the iphone, but can't be loaded onto the ipad from either.

The ipad can see the calendar, its name pops up, and the name changes when I change it. I can put events on the ipad and they appear online, but no way no how can I move anything from the yahoo site to the ipad. Even when switching to betacalendar as one suggested.

Applecare says you can't synch the iphone and ipad.

You might need to put the second iPad on "fetch". Not sure why though. If yahoo only has the capability of pushing to one device, you will have to fetch on all of the remaining ones.

This is part of the reason I used the MobileMe service. It then synced my iPhone and iPad. That ability will be available in the next iOS update, sometime in September.

Fetching it is.
Yes it looks good, but I meant I switched from Push to Fetch.

Back