NA Ipad Calendar NA

Let'sgoflying!

Touchdown! Greaser!
Display Name

Display name:
Dave Taylor
I was going to take Jason's advice and put a calendar notation on the ipad to remind me to check for FF updates.

So I open the calendar and there are all my wife's plans for August, etc.
Apparently it is synching with her iphone somehow.

She was the first owner of this ipad and I did have to remove her name from some of the innards but apparently I didn't get the calendar.

How do I erase all the entries (without erasing those on her phone and her ipad)?

Many thanks.

I see that I am using her itunes account and don't have one of my own.
This?

I got my own itunes account (and promptly changed the credit card info to a bogus one).
The calendar remains as it was, with all her stuff on it.
Now I need to sync my ipad with something. Right now I have nothing to sync it with.
How do I get something (with no calendar events) to sync it to?
sorry AF I do not know the answer to your Q. None of the devices are connected by wires if that is what you mean.
Tks

This is the OMG irritating weakness of the iStuff - you have to use iTunes for pretty much everything, and iTunes is staggeringly bad software, from a usability perspective.

Most Obtuse UI Award.

In the upper left corner of the calender, click on the "Calenders" button. Uncheck any calenders you don't want to see. If there is only one calender, then you will have to import or start a new one.

Settings ----> Mail, Contacts, Calenders -----> Add Account (Gmail, yahoo, etc.)

In iOS5, you should have more control over who see what with which calender. Maybe a month out for that.

On your iPad, go to settings, then "Mail, Contacts, Calendars." Under the accounts section what do you see?

Connect your device to iTunes. In iTunes, go to the device screen (make sure the iPad is highlighted in the left menu bar.) At the top, select "Info" (between "Summary" and "Apps".) What do you see under "Sync Calendars"?

On the same page/tab, is MobileMe enabled?

Most important of all, what does your wife say? Is she syncing her calendars? Does she subscribe to MobileMe or sync with Google?

If there is only one calender, then you will have to import or start a new one.
Settings ----> Mail, Contacts, Calenders -----> Add Account (Gmail, yahoo, etc.)

I started a new Yahoo account and it accepted that.
When I deselected the undesired Calendar on the top left of the Calendar page, the calendar became blank.

:)

On your iPad, go to settings, then "Mail, Contacts, Calendars." Under the accounts section what do you see?
"MobileMe, Dave's mail, wife's mail, Yahoo!, Add Account"

Connect your device to iTunes. In iTunes, go to the device screen (make sure the iPad is highlighted in the left menu bar.) At the top, select "Info" (between "Summary" and "Apps".) What do you see under "Sync Calendars"?

Under Sync Calendars there is nothing checked. The entire page is unchecked and greyed out (and I have my device highlighted)

On the same page/tab, is MobileMe enabled?

There is no MobileMe on the Info page, with my Ipad highlighted. There is Sync Contacts With, Sync Calendars With, Sync Mail Accounts From, Other, Advanced. Not a checkmark one, on the page. No MobileMe anywhere.
This is iTunes 10.3.155 btw.

Sounds as though deselecting the calendar worked fine. You can further clean it up - if your wife isn't going to use it any more - by selecting each of those accounts on the iPad belonging to her and deleting them. It won't affect her other devices.

Most important of all, what does your wife say? Is she syncing her calendars? Does she subscribe to MobileMe or sync with Google?
All hers are unchecked in iTunes as well.

on her Ipad, under General>Setting>Mail, Contacts, Calendar: MobileMe, sister's access to FindMyIpad,wife's mail ("Mail,Calendar,Notes", Add Account

mayday, now her ipad won't sync the calendar with her iphone4!
Must be careful here,....need to get them synching in the right direction or it will erase all!

Back