NA: Interstate or Back Roads?

Speaking of traveling. I'm looking forward to a roadtrip back east this summer. We'll cover OK, AR, TN, NC, VA, MD, DE, PA, NJ, NY, CT, RI, MA, VT, NH, ME, OH, IN, KY. It's gonna be grand!

Wow! Don't forget the butt salve :).

Well, since we are in the process of moving to a place that requires a couple of miles of dirt to get to it, that probably covers my vote.

Fastest way into Denver is about 6.3 miles of dirt to a county road, that in its present condition, calling it "paved" is true but a touch generous. You'll need good shocks to take the "summer shortcut".

This song pretty well covers it.

http://youtu.be/72k7xWfjTXc

There isn't a street light for miles other than at a few key places, the roads getting here all have Stop signs, not traffic lights, and the neighbor's chicken coop is about 100 yards off my driveway circle.

It's 45 minutes to the hangar at APA.

Just close enough to commute, just far enough to feel the stupidity of the city melt away as the horses, cattle, goats, alpacas, and other livestock show up along the drive.

It's dark, quiet, and you can walk to the neighbor's house, but it's faster to drive the tractor or the truck.

Heck even putting the trash can at the road is best done with the Yukon.

Thinking about having the driveway, which is over an acre long, chip-sealed, but that almost seems too civilized. The LED pathway lights to keep you from driving off of the raised road look like runway lights, so I certainly approve of that.

Not quite big enough to land even a STOL 182 or safely, but a helicopter? No problem. A guy up the road about 8 miles has a helipad and a hangar.

Back