NA]IMing[NA]

Let'sgoflying!

Touchdown! Greaser!
Display Name

Display name:
Dave Taylor
What options are avail for IM services? I tried Netscape's - they seem partnered with AOL and it never would accept my attempts ("the server is not accepting blahblahblah" but later on it said "You have too many usernames"

Anyway I am looking for a fresh starting place using another (hopefully free) program.

If I sign on with XXXX does that mean I can only IM those signed with XXXX, or is it more like using the phone, I can talk to YYYY subscribers?

I use Trillian, that way i sign into ICQ,MSN,AOL,Yahoo. hope this helps. you'll need to set up usernames for each one.
Dave G

Dave, I use AIM (AOL Instant Messenger) for the service, and use Trillian (referenced above by The Other Dave) as the "client" software. It works better (or maybe I just like the way it sounds better).

If you do sign up for that, my username is SpikeCutler (catchy, eh?).

I use AIM as well and have been using it for quite some time. It is user friendly and easier to use IMO than MSN Messenger.

I also use Skype which is an internet telephone (free calls for users connected to computer on Skype) which provides both chat and voice capabilities.

My username is the same as PoA: HPNPilot1200

Let me know if you need help setting anything up! ;)

Jason

I use AIM, MSN, and Yahoo.

I also sometimes use Jabber.

aim: korruptdotcom
msn: redbaron@korrupt.com
yahoo: fatalerror007

Trillian here. It combines all of the IMing services into one client (still need separate accounts with each tho)

Trillian here. It works very well and allows you to manage multiple connections (either same service or multiple services) in a single task. The home website is http://www.ceruleanstudios.com/ Download and install the BASIC version. There is no charge. The "PRO" version, however, is a charge option.

Pro trillian doesn't have a monthly fee, it has a purchase price. Trillian is great for people who want IM w/o all the FLUFF thrown in by AOL, Yahoo and MSN.

Greebo said:
Pro trillian doesn't have a monthly fee, it has a purchase price. Trillian is great for people who want IM w/o all the FLUFF thrown in by AOL, Yahoo and MSN.

...plus, you can make the computer bark. Or meow.

Important stuff.

I tried Trillian years ago. I switched to Gaim when I started playing around with Linux, and never switched back, even after I went back to Windows. It does a lot of the stuff that Trillian does, without a lot of the graphical fluff. The plugins for it are really nice as well. Right now I have an AOL screenname and Google Talk.

Back