[NA] I Think I'm in Heat

Lawreston

En-Route
Display Name

Display name:
Harley Reich
As I'm about ready to get my little 20' inboard/outboard cuddy cabin into the water I took a break and drove north to Camden and Rockport. In Rockport Harbor was the boat in my photo; and look at the house up on the bank behind it(though not connected to the boat's ownership). Of course, houses like that(or more grandiose) are common to the shorelines of Camden/Rockport.

For those who may not be familiar with Rockport you may remember the various stories about Andre the Seal(A Seal Called Andre, by Harry Goodridge).
Andre was the sea mammal that lived in Rockport Harbor in the summers but would be taken to Boston Aquarium for winter residence. Each spring he would be set free in Massachusetts and would swim back to Rockport Harbor for his summer antics. He used to drive lobstermen crazy because he was so friendly he'd jump up on boats, looking for his "treats."

Back in my Boy Scout days my troop used to do activities with Steve Goodridge's(Harry's son) troop in camden.

http://www.amazon.com/Seal-Called-Andre-Harry-Goodridge/dp/089272076X

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0109120/

[EDIT] Photo #2: Oh my! Wood is good but a pain to maintain.
HR

Attachments

• PoA Sailboat in Rockport.jpg
    PoA Sailboat in Rockport.jpg
    638 KB · Views: 30
  • PoA Sailboat in Rockport_2.jpg
    PoA Sailboat in Rockport_2.jpg
    649.2 KB · Views: 30
Last edited:
Looks well maintained. I advise move forward out of heat/lust and into love.

RE: Pic #2: What a cutie pie. Perfect for coastal cruises. How does that exposed barn door do in the rocky ME coast gunkholes?

Richard:
Below is the real heart-breaker. Probably 40+ years ago a couple had retired to my home town in Maine. He had personally built a gorgeous 30-odd foot schooner-rigged vessel; just beautiful. I'd only met them a few times over the decades because I've been "awayyyy" from back home. I learned today that the older man in my photo is from back home(for the last 19 years, that is). He told me that the boat in this photo was Sam's. As years went by the schooner became too much to handle, so they had this pictured boat -- no fiber glass -- built; shorter, easier to handle. Sam got to sail it just once before he died quite a few years ago. But she remains well-kept, in Sam's tradition.

HR

Attachments

• Sam Guild boat.jpg
    Sam Guild boat.jpg
    601 KB · Views: 23
  • Sam Guild boat_2.jpg
    Sam Guild boat_2.jpg
    341.5 KB · Views: 21
Last edited:
Back