[NA]I REMEMBER - - - -

Lawreston

En-Route
Display Name

Display name:
Harley Reich
- - - - Doctor Phil. This doesn't have a darned thing to do with aviation, but nearly every one of you can relate to Doctor Phil.

During my nearly 30 years in business I had many clients who had retired to this coastal Maine haven of retirees. They were sleeping giants -- to me -- who had been acclaimed in chemistry, physics, authors, CIA agents, music, theater, and so many other fields. I came to know them all on a first name basis but was often totally unaware of each career status until reading a death notice. And then it became a "I never would have known" reality.

Now I can add Doctor Phil to that long list. No, not the Doctor Phil on television.
This is Doctor Phil Sumner; oh, and he is very much alive. "Alive" has been the focus of most of his adult life which has affected millions of people. Mothers of many of you would, likely, say "Thank you" to him, as will I when he returns my voice mail message. It's just another "I never would have known" beyond knowing that he was friendly with the Boston medical fraternity with which I was closely-aligned as a patient many years ago.

Thanks, Phil; I'll be talking to you.

http://timesrecord.com/articles/2010/04/12/news/doc4bc34b5e2b053516645313.txt

HR

Last edited:
Back