[NA]Hillarity in lease [NA]

SkyHog

Touchdown! Greaser!
Display Name

Display name:
Everything Offends Me
Ok - so I am about to buy a house, but we've come to an agreement where I am going to rent the house for a few months first so that I make sure that I am making the right decision. I found something funny in the lease I thought I'd post....just for fun factor:

CURRENT OWNER shall not be liable for personal injury or damage or loss of PROSPECTIVE OWNER'S personal property (furniture, jewelry, clothing, etc.) from theft, vandalism, fire, water, rain, hail, smoke, explosions, sonic booms, act of God, or ther causes whatsoever, unless blah blah blah.

Emphasis is mine - Sonic Booms? Is that a big concern for house damage?

I don't think you have anything to worry about from sonic booms. I think it is illegal to go supersonic over the United States except for the military and even then they need permission from pretty high up.

F4TMAA.JPG
Wonder if this would damage your house???

JRitt said:
I don't think you have anything to worry about from sonic booms. I think it is illegal to go supersonic over the United States except for the military and even then they need permission from pretty high up.

We get sonic booms over Chattanooga often, we live under the F-22 test corridor. They are assembled in Marietta, GA, and test flow above us. On a good (bad?) day, we'll hear 3-4 sonic booms. Some quite loud and disruptive.

And yes, whether at home or in the office, all sorts of things shake and rattle in the building.

It s just giving them an out if you start complaining about broken windows!
I figure these things always started out with some silly event in the past, you can imagine a previous relationship that ended badly, the buyer upset about damage, the seller disclaiming responsibility..... so now there is this 'language'.

You youngsters just don't know. We used to hear sonic booms all the time when I was in grade school. They would throw you out of yer seat.

Back