[NA]Help Webmaster[NA]

Let'sgoflying!

Touchdown! Greaser!
Display Name

Display name:
Dave Taylor
Is there a site that explains in simple English, how the process should flow, from a user standpoint?
I am using a service that sends my info to a consultant. It is supposed to direct me to:
Log In > select & upload my files > input info about the file > make service selection > send request.
I don't have any tech experience but from my use of various typical retail websites the process described above is usually clear, and takes about 5 minutes. Not an hour. Not blood pressure-spiking.
Anyway it is going to be easier to train these people rather than find a new service, so I was hoping there was Website Design 101 that I could direct them to.
Thanks

Is there a site that explains in simple English, how the process should flow, from a user standpoint?
I am using a service that sends my info to a consultant. It is supposed to direct me to:
Log In > select & upload my files > input info about the file > make service selection > send request.
I don't have any tech experience but from my use of various typical retail websites the process described above is usually clear, and takes about 5 minutes. Not an hour. Not blood pressure-spiking.
Anyway it is going to be easier to train these people rather than find a new service, so I was hoping there was Website Design 101 that I could direct them to.
Thanks
Hi Dave,
You are missing some info:
  • Where are you hosting the site?
  • What platform is your site hosted on (straight HTML, WordPress, Joomla, Magenta, other)?
    • If straight HTML, is it Linux or Windows?
  • What type of files are you sending (HTML, PDF, other)?
  • What role does the consultant play (posting your files to the site)?
  • Is this service something like Dropbox?
  • Are you looking to change the process (edit the site directly, yourself)?
It kind of sounds like your consultant is the "Web Master" and you are just sending him content. If that is the case, this really isn't design, since your consultant is handling that. There are many ways to transfer content and the process should be pretty straight forward.

I was not clear enough, this is not my site or my business.
I am a customer.
They really need help; whether or not they will listen to customer's suggestions remains to be seen. I am sure tech help is swamped with the same questions so that ought to motivate them. Or, when business dries up b/c of it :D
Someone did understand my post and offered help through PM - thanks all.
It would be cool to say to them; click here to see how it should be done;
Then, a series of simple pages illustrating visible, handy buttons for users to click.

Back