[NA]HELP!! Mayday!![NA]

Let'sgoflying!

Touchdown! Greaser!
Display Name

Display name:
Dave Taylor
You guys really have to help me, I hit some keys on my new computer's keyboard and it turned the entire screen sideways!! The top is on my left, the bottom to the right.
It was one or two keys on the left maybe the ctrl button and I think I was on one or two of the arrow keys.
The touchpad is haywire too, if I move it left, it moves the cursor down, etc!
It took me 10 mins to write this!

You guys really have to help me, I hit some keys on my new computer's keyboard and it turned the entire screen sideways!! The top is on my left, the bottom to the right.
It was one or two keys on the left maybe the ctrl button and I think I was on one or two of the arrow keys.
The touchpad is haywire too, if I move it left, it moves the cursor down, etc!
It took me 10 mins to write this!

Check this link. I didn't see hotkeys for sideways Dave but I tried the upside down keys, it works.
http://www.autohotkey.com/forum/topic1841.html

Ok, try Ctrl- ALT- Up Arrow
That should fix it

I found it just as you posted, thanks a bunch, Don.
Dang codes a person is supposed to know: Ctrl Alt up arrow!
Whew!

I was screwing around with it, then couldn't get it right side up again. Thought oh crap!! Then I figured it out.

I had a screen driver that had "rotate" on the drag menu of the icon in the taskbar. Then I had to figure out how drag again by holding the meese sideways and tilting my head. It's very disorienting.

This only happens with some Intel video drivers. Was a feature they coded for Tablet PC computers (makes sense, you might hold the tablet a different way than standard), but it sneaked into some of their desktop drivers.

Doc, if you go to Start >> Control Panel >> Display >> Settings >> Advanced, then snoop around (location varies depending on the specific card/driver version) there should be a tab or settings for "Hot Keys". Usually there is a checkbox that is checked, which "Enables Hot Keys". Uncheck the box, click Apply or OK and you can prevent this from ever inadvertently happening again.

dang I feel like such a newb sometimes, I can't believe I've haven't run into that after 10 years of hitting random keys.

I must be a newb after 20+ years, then, because I never ran into what you did, either. Your post was the first I've ever heard of this issue... that permanent solution I posted was found reading up on your strange key combo!!

I will do that Troy, its sure to happen in 6 mo and I will have forgotten what I did!

I do this to people at work who forget to lock their computers. Fun times watching them figure it out.

I do this to people at work who forget to lock their computers. Fun times watching them figure it out.

Mmm hmmm... brilliant minds...

You can set the different display modes on my NVIDIA but not with a ot key that I can find. Sideways does make the mouse useless.

just lay the monitor on it's side, Dave ... it's all good again! :)

just lay the monitor on it's side, Dave ... it's all good again! :)

My wide screen LCD rotates on the stand. There are Windows video drivers that are supposed to make the flip automagic - if you connect the USB cable.

The Macs can rotate the screen in the system prefs manually.

I tried it, but I didn't like the tall, skinny mode. I usually have docs side to side.

Back