[NA]Head cold from hell[NA]

Let'sgoflying!

Touchdown! Greaser!
Display Name

Display name:
Dave Taylor
I've about had enough of this. Started Sunday, now it's Thursday and I am getting worse.
Feels like someone ran a stainless steel bristle brush in and out of my throat.
Feels like someone has my head in a vice.
Feels like someone is stabbing at my sinuses with a hot icepick from the inside.
I coughed so much I think I saw my larynx exit my mouth then snap back in.
Sneezing, pouring nose, watery puffy eyes. Edit; photophobia, audio-pain (shh!)
Its 75 in here right now and sweat is running down my neck.

I can't tell that all the medicines I took did a damn thing.
Pain meds/decongestants/antihistamines/guaifenesin/dextromethorphan/doxylamine
ie tylenol nyquil dayquil mucinex I even have some antibiotics.
Sleep? difficult. Fluids? peeing like mad. Chicken noodle soup, tea, ginger ale. Hot showers. Alcohol does not work on this anymore. (brandy used to help) edit: gargling salt water. Hypertonic saline nasal flushes.
Would have got Tamiflu if they made it more available around here.
I wish they could induce a coma for a week til it was all over.
Edit: and I got a message this morning saying my Drs office has shut its doors, if I want y records come by on Saturday.

Last edited:
Sorry Dave. Might not be a bad idea to see a doc if it’s getting noticeably worse.

Feel better. I hate being sick. Had stupid Influenza A the month I was first scheduled for the CFI single engine ride and between recovery and rescheduling that screwed life up for a full month.

I'm at week 2-1/2 on mine. It's much better than it was, but still not 100%. Started as bronchitis, moved to throat, then up to head, and back down to throat, all of which time it left me with bronchitis-type coughing. Coughing settled down over weekend, now it's picking up again, but head is clear. Hopefully just a few more days.

I think I got it from all the people on the DC Metro system.

Summer viruses are worst. I've given up on most of the meds - only took guaifenesin and ibuprofin. And Zicam at first until it was apparent that it wasn't working on this stuff. Decongestants raise blood pressure (both from having to show ID, sign the log, and be put in the government database as well as from the way they work), cough suppressants tend to keep one from clearing out the bad stuff. Blah.

Hope you recover quickly.

Bronchitis is going around. Good luck.

Get better soon. I had the flu in January. Miserable. Had one of these summer colds back in 2016. It's always something.

Back