[NA] Guilty pleasures with music

Matthew

Touchdown! Greaser!
Display Name

Display name:
Matthew
Maybe the best Christmas present my folks ever gave me was an AM radio when I was in first grade - I still remember - would have been 1967 in Brooklyn, NY.

Those were good times. Back then there wasn't quite as many different specialized genres like now and there was a lot more crossover. Check out the music played at Woodstock two years later. That's the stuff I grew up with and listened to on that old radio.

Anyway, that experience kind of stuck and I catch myself listening to things that my demographic normally doesn't.

A couple years ago, a nice summer day in the car with the windows rolled down, I was changing the stations and landed on the local communist NPR station. I ended up listening to the 'feature artists' for about an hour. Turned out to be the Indigo Girls. OK, so I drive an Outback and went to high school with Melissa Etheridge (back then she was Missy), not that there's anything wrong with that.

Now I have them on a Pandora station.

Anything you guys listen to that doesn't fit your profile?

Anything you guys listen to that doesn't fit your profile?
Drums 'n' Bass, Ambient. Takes the edge off the Fleshies/Distillers mix :D

Nauga,
and the Powerpuff Girls

Jimi Hendrix
Frank Sinatra
and
Bebel Gilberto

Andy Mckee and similar acoustic guitar music.
For a guy that has a non stop slayer backing track going through his head, this is out of the ordinary

But seriously. stop and watch a minute of this. It is beautiful

Back