NA Girl Scout Cookies NA

TMetzinger

Final Approach
Display Name

Display name:
Tim
Just like last year, I'm helping my daughter sell GS cookies. Shipping is free with orders of four or more boxes. Boxes are $4.00, same as last year.

The flavor line-up this year is:
Thin Mints (with crack as noted in another thread)
Tagalongs (peanut butter patties)
Thank U Berry Munch (cranberries)
Dulce De Leche (Latin-inspired caramel)
Samoas (caramel, coconut)
Do-Di-Dos (peanut butter cremes)
Trefoils (shortbread)
Savannah Smiles (new - a crispy lemon cookie).

You can pm me or send an email to tmetzinger@verizon net with your order. I'll send you back the address for payment or a paypal account. Payment isn't required until I get the cookies, but they won't ship until payment is received.

Also, if you'd like to order some and have them donated to the troops, just let me know!

Last week I was driving to the Patriots/Ravens game. As traffic crawled along, I saw people holding signs that read "Girl Scout Cookies Ahead". Sure enough, a little further up the road was a table set up with the cookies. They probably sold a thousand boxes.

girlscouts.jpg

Just like last year, I'm helping my daughter sell GS cookies. Shipping is free with orders of four or more boxes. Boxes are $4.00, same as last year.

The flavor line-up this year is:
Thin Mints (with crack as noted in another thread)
Tagalongs (peanut butter patties)
Thank U Berry Munch (cranberries)
Dulce De Leche (Latin-inspired caramel)
Samoas (caramel, coconut)
Do-Di-Dos (peanut butter cremes)
Trefoils (shortbread)
Savannah Smiles (new - a crispy lemon cookie).

You can pm me or send an email to tmetzinger@verizon net with your order. I'll send you back the address for payment or a paypal account. Payment isn't required until I get the cookies, but they won't ship until payment is received.

Also, if you'd like to order some and have them donated to the troops, just let me know!

Until you get the cookies? This is such a giant tease! When do you get the cookies? I may give in and find them locally, sooner. But if I can't then I will order from you. What is your deadline / cutoff?

Oh and are they doing those "healthy" ones again? I though they had some sort of "healthy" cookie. Perhaps they gave up knowing we really don't care if they will kill us, we all gotta die somehow.

I'll be receiving them around Valentines Day. And I'm not offended if people (especially in metro areas) support their local troops - PLEASE DO. But if you're out in an area that is short on girl scouts, we're happy to help you get your fix of ThinMints or whatever.

I'll be receiving them around Valentines Day. And I'm not offended if people (especially in metro areas) support their local troops - PLEASE DO. But if you're out in an area that is short on girl scouts, we're happy to help you get your fix of ThinMints or whatever.

Cool. When do the local areas start selling them? Now? I am sooo going on the hunt after work. Then programming my VCR for that P-51 show on PBS. Girl Scout Cookies and aviation movies go together.

I have had mine since late 2011. Before Xmas.

Whoops, thought this was the crack thread.

At any rate, good luck Tim. I'm thoroughly set for now.

I need to just ration them and have them in my freezer year round. I vow to do this each year, and then - I lose willpower.

My wife and I ordered 32 boxes from our granddaughter. THIRTY-TWO!

I'm insane but how do you say no to your grandchild? She'll be back to sell us more if she close to winning whatever prize she's competing for, and we'll get another case, I'm sure.

I Like The Peanut Butter Ones.

Last edited:
Ration? COOKIES? I must hang out with the wrong people.

Yes. A lot of girls watch their waistline. Hence the rations. Perhaps you hang out with guys. Guys, unlike girls, can at least LOOK at a cookie without it going to their hips. Sigh.

By the way, I noticed this year (I don't know if they did it in the past, I didn't have any parents stumping for their girls in the office the past few years), that if you don't want the cookies you can by them to be donated to the troups. GS gets their cut and the troups get the cookies.

Yes. A lot of girls watch their waistline. Hence the rations. Perhaps you hang out with guys. Guys, unlike girls, can at least LOOK at a cookie without it going to their hips. Sigh.

You just watch where you're flying.... We'll watch your waistline! <groucho_marx_leer>

Well I work at a Fire Department that is 90% male and any cookies, cake, donuts, ring dings, ho ho's, twinkies, chocolate, candy, gum or any thing else that probably is not good for you will be gone as soon as you turn your back. We call things like that community property.

By the way, I noticed this year (I don't know if they did it in the past, I didn't have any parents stumping for their girls in the office the past few years), that if you don't want the cookies you can by them to be donated to the troups. GS gets their cut and the troups get the cookies.

Do the GS mail them to the troops?

I believe the national/regional organizations takes care of routing the boxes donated for the troops, they don't come down to the individual girl scout troops.

Back