NA For ScottM and other Chinese visitors NA

denverpilot

Tied Down
Display Name

Display name:
DenverPilot
There was a thread a while back talking about getting out of the great Chinese Internet Firewall ... When visiting on business.

Pretty impressive new info on how they're actively blocking "Tor" routing which is a significantly sneaky way to usually get around routing games and individual identification of Internet users.

http://yro.slashdot.org/story/12/01...locking?utm_source=headlines&utm_medium=email

Incredible the lengths they'll go to, to make sure unapproved information doesn't flow. Or so they would like to think.

I have VPN endpoint(s) under my full control, with multiple protocols available. When I was in China this past week, they worked perfectly fine - slightly slower than a native connection, but no blocking of anything.

I suppose based on this article I'll need to look at the endpoint logs and see if there was any funny business. I suspect that since it was password protected that there's less of a chance of an issue.

Prepare for China 2, also known as the United States of America, now that DHS has locked onto the internet.

Sigh.

Back