[NA] Fix THIS!

Let'sgoflying!

Touchdown! Greaser!
Display Name

Display name:
Dave Taylor
When I click here the cursor automatically pops up in the box that requires text - how handy.
Unlike this website, and many others that waste hours of our lives each day!
Surely there is some 'macro' I could install into my computer to allow this.

Other time wasting issues:
I need a shortcut key on the computer keyboard for ".com" and also my "email address". How to make?

Prizes available.

Dave,

The only way I know to set the focus to a form field is with javascript and it must be done on the server side.

As far as keyboard macroes I have no idea.

Joe

Thanks Joe...I'm probably dreaming. Course I was dreaming about other things (one eg; wx notifications) and they came true!

Joe is right about which field the cursor "lands in" when you open a website; that's specified in the page's code.

For the ".com" thing, most browsers will let you type the site name, minus the "http://www." and the ".com", in the address bar, then press Ctrl-Enter to add the prefix and suffix and navigate to the site.

Enter pilotsofamerica, press Ctrl-Enter

Shift-Enter will make it into a ".net" address, and Ctrl-Shift-Enter will make it into a ".org" address... this works in IE and Firefox, to the best of my knowledge. Chrome appears to only handle the Ctrl-Enter, but I use it all the time.

Joe is right about which field the cursor "lands in" when you open a website; that's specified in the page's code.

For the ".com" thing, most browsers will let you type the site name, minus the "http://www." and the ".com", in the address bar, then press Ctrl-Enter to add the prefix and suffix and navigate to the site.

Enter pilotsofamerica, press Ctrl-Enter

Shift-Enter will make it into a ".net" address, and Ctrl-Shift-Enter will make it into a ".org" address... this works in IE and Firefox, to the best of my knowledge. Chrome appears to only handle the Ctrl-Enter, but I use it all the time.
I did not know that. Thanks for the tip!

Back