NA/ fatheads

Tarheelpilot

Final Approach
Display Name

Display name:
Tarheelpilot
i need some help. I was given a fathead vinyl wall decal of the deathstar. It's approximately 4' in diameter. I have textured walls.....

Any ideas on how to get this thing on the wall? If it was anything other than a circle I would just get a picture frame.

Aren't fatheads decals? Their website says you let them flatten out and then peel a backing off of them and they're adhesive.

They recommend being careful to not get bubbles working from the top and then using a provided roller they give you or a squeegee to work the air bubbles out from under it.

Aren't fatheads decals? Their website says you let them flatten out and then peel a backing off of them and they're adhesive.

They recommend being careful to not get bubbles working from the top and then using a provided roller they give you or a squeegee to work the air bubbles out from under it.
The textured wall is the problem. The stickers like smooth walls.

It's really more like a static cling, they can be taken down and moved. I don't think you can do it on a textured wall, mount it to something else, then put that on the wall.

It's really more like a static cling, they can be taken down and moved. I don't think you can do it on a textured wall, mount it to something else, then put that on the wall.
No, they're definitely stickers. I had one for a few years and it left adhesive behind when I took it off. They can take paint off, too

Last edited:
No, they're definitely stickers. I had one for a few years and it left adhesive behind when I took it off. They can take paint off, too
No, the one I CURRENTLY have is definitely a static cling because I have moved it.

from the Fathead website.

"Removing your Fathead Decal

Removing your Peel & Stick decal is easy!

1. If it's a larger decal, grab a partner to be sure it doesn't fold in and stick to itself.
  2. Prepare the original backing paper on a nearby flat surface. If you didn't save the backing paper you can use a vinyl shower curtain to store or transport your Fathead decal.
  3. Slowly peel back the decal from the wall and gently place it on the backing paper.
  4. If you experience any stretching of the vinyl when placing it in a new location, you can use a hair dryer on the surface to fix the problem."

Weird thing to name a sticker.

I believe it came from them originally making larger than life sized wall stick up things from photos of professional athletes. Huge. Like take up a whole wall huge.

Are there two types? the one I gave my nephew is not a sticker... (5 foot Joe Montana)

I believe it came from them originally making larger than life sized wall stick up things from photos of professional athletes. Huge. Like take up a whole wall huge.

See bolded. Okay, it's lame. Still funny.

Not with textured walls. I vote for taking it to one of the office stores or an art supply store, and getting it mounted. Advantage - move it anytime you want.

Back