[NA] Eff Feedback [NA]

catmandu

Pattern Altitude
Display Name

Display name:
Catmandu
I am so sick of the 'if you are pleased . . .' emails from vendors, 'please help us provide . . .' pop ups, and just tonight, a 'one of our anesthesiologists recently . . .' robocall!

On the rare occasion when I have participated, I have actually been verbally harassed by a CSR for my stance that on a 1-5 scale, 3 is average, and I expect average every time! You want a 5? You better give me a frickin' back of the rock star tour bus groupie experience, relatively speaking. I am sorry if you will get fired for less than a 4.9 average, that's a management problem.

And hey, you damn kids, get off my lawn! And take your sack of analytics with you!

Had the same issue with my Financial Planner at Vanguard. Gave her a “4” on a “5” scale and she called nearly crying. I told her in my industry we had no grade inflation. You were lucky if you ever saw a 4 and the average score was closer to 2.9 or if you were the VP of Engineering, 2.88, and giving her a 4 was very good. Anyway she left the conversation pretty upset and I had a new planner in pretty short order. He will be lucky to get a “1” this year.

I was told in no uncertain terms by one consumer-facing company that 1) anything less then a "5" (out of 5) would be considered a failure and that 2) the person who did the work would get docked pay if the rating were less than "5".

I heard the same from 3 different workers there plus the manager.

I consider that to be tantamount to extortion.

I was told in no uncertain terms by one consumer-facing company that 1) anything less then a "5" (out of 5) would be considered a failure and that 2) the person who did the work would get docked pay if the rating were less than "5".

I heard the same from 3 different workers there plus the manager.

I consider that to be tantamount to extortion.

I’ve heard the same and agree. Our mark is 7.8/10 over a year and we are consistently recognized for consumer satisfaction and loyalty.

We recognize some people can’t be pleased no matter what you do and, by the same token employees can have an off day.

Back