[NA]Ebay technical details

Let'sgoflying!

Touchdown! Greaser!
Display Name

Display name:
Dave Taylor
I want to buy a widget on ebay. It is a pretty rare widget and only comes available maybe every 6 months.
I don't have the time to check every day or even every week.
Is there a tool that will Notify me when one is listed?

Thanks!

I want to buy a widget on ebay. It is a pretty rare widget and only comes available maybe every 6 months.

Thanks!

Pay me $500 and I'll check it every week for 6 months. You can even call me a tool if you want - I've been called much worse. :D

You can set up a saved search that will email you whenever something fitting your search parameters ends up on ebay. Or you could just hire a lanky Iowan to do that for you :D

Thanks!

You can set up a saved search that will email you whenever something fitting your search parameters ends up on ebay. Or you could just hire a lanky Iowan to do that for you :D

Search
http://search.ebay.com/ws/search/AdvSearch?sofindtype=13&_trksid=m37
then save the search with the option to email you when it finds matches.

You usually have to tweak the search to find things that may be listed various ways and get rid of garf from low life merchants. That takes some trial and error or tell a guy in Iowa what you want and let him write the search for you.

I'll give my example. I want a suitcase weight bracket and suitcase or wheel weights for my John Deere tractor. This mostly works:

Code:
"john deere" "weight" (suitcase, wheel, bracket)

If I didn't want to match exercise weights I'd add
-exercise -workout

Good luck!

Pay me $5.00 and I'll check it every week for 6 months.

Cool! What is your address? It would be safe enough to put five bucks in the mail!

Need to find this saved search notification thing.

Back