[NA] Docusign -- Have questions on template design

AggieMike88

Touchdown! Greaser!
Display Name

Display name:
The original "I don't know it all" of aviation.
Anyone here well versed in creating templates for Docusign?

I want to shift my order forms to Docusign to speed up the cycle of getting the form to the customer and getting it back so I can process the order.

I did a template/document today for a customer to get oriented, but want to find out what I could do to make it easier/faster for the sales team.

I'll ask specific questions once someone who knows the system joins the conversation.

41d052ab0303ada946b44eb46348c0fb_bfe51d2729d9623a20e3e8729c2c7edf.jpg

Nevermind.... figured out how to make it do what I wanted to do...

Essentially, I needed the capability to edit certain parts of the document (what the part is, the price, shipping costs, etc) BEFORE sending it out for signature with Docusign.

I had thought I could create the template in Docusign, and then have various fields I could change in Docusign, then send it out for signature. But alas this wasn't how it works with Docusign.

More digging discovered that there is an Add-In for MS Word that connects with DocuSign.

So now I figured out that I use MS Word to make the changes I want to what, cost, shipping, etc, then send it to DocuSign to "overlay" a template of the DocuSign specific fields. Once happy with that, I send it to the customer.

standard PDF won't work for my need. What I need is a binding document with customer's signature and payment information.

No.... and problem solved the way I want to do it..

I hate Docusign.

I hate Docusign.
I've been with them since day one, plus it's free, so I really don't know any better. I've heard there are many other similar services, but have never bothered or really cared to check them out.

Back