[NA] Do you put Fritos™ on your chili?

Assemble in the following order:
1. Bowl
2. Fritos
3. Chili
4. Shredded cheese (and don't use that pre shredded stuff, it's coated with stuff so that it doesn't stick together)
5. Diced onion
6. Tres Diablos hot sauce (since my wife doesn't like it very spicy).

Perfecto!

Found the Melinda's ghost sauce at the supermarket this afternoon, now either have to a) make some chili, or b) figure out what else to try the stuff out on.

I could see adding raw onion to chili. Still no corn or corn products for me, though. Just a weird taste for chili.

Found the Melinda's ghost sauce at the supermarket this afternoon, now either have to a) make some chili, or b) figure out what else to try the stuff out on.

Uh, that would be anything other than what you would normally put pancake syrup on.

And for those things, that you would normally put pancake syrup on, there’s Mikes XTra Hot honey!!

Cheers!

I could see adding raw onion to chili. Still no corn or corn products for me, though. Just a weird taste for chili.

Curios to see what you think of it.
I put it on almost everything.

Do you grab the bag of Frito Lay™ Fritos and toss a handful on top of the chili?

Hell yes! Frito pie was a staple food of my youth.

Lately, I have been putting chili and Fritos on top of steamed rice in a bowl. Adding cheese is optional, but recommended.

Chili and cheese on top of ramen is amazing, too.
I could go on...

Yep, Texas.

I thought a Cincinnati 5 way was something completely different.
Well I’ll be dipped. Googled it. Cincinnati 5 way is a Chili thing. Like for real. Cincinnati 5 way Chili. My prurient interest has not been satisfied.

Hypothetically speaking, say you were about to grab a ladle of chili out of the pot and sit down on a nice August day, Do you grab the bag of Frito Lay™ Fritos and toss a handful on top of the chili?

I don't know anyone that does this (the horror) but in the event that I did that and then added a bit of shredded cheese so I could have a steaming bowl of chili in the hot tub for lunch, would the peanut gallery think it odd that I added this bit of additional starch to my favorite treat on a hot summer day by the pool?

I don't want to hear from anybody in North Carolina either. Can't trust those guys' opinions.

Do you put Fritos on your chili?
How did you get that little TM looking like an apostrophe up there after Frito Lay?

Lately, I have been putting chili and Fritos on top of steamed rice in a bowl

I called that bachelor chow. Back when I was single I would make a batch of chili, then ladle it out one cup of chili per zip lock sandwich bag and freeze.

Then when I was hungry, tired and did not feel like making a big diner, I would make one cup of rice, heat up the chili and put that on top, add cheese and fritos and have a quick and hot meal.

One batch if chili made about 12 meals for me.

I thought he was just trying to make the point that chili with Fritos™ is far superior to chili with any other corn chip product.

Back